GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » Question about Thermostat AC Switch
Previous thread Next thread

Question about Thermostat AC Switch

akujiki1987

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1244564 posted 11/09/18 11:38 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Ok so my AC has not blown cold since I got the car in March. Havent driven it more than three times due to things needing to be fixed. I was under the hood the other day poking around with a potential buyer when we noticed the AC switch sensor on the thermostat housing wire had broken off. He had only mentioned if he picks up the car hes redoing all the wiring anyway, but I was curious if this switch has anything to do with the AC only blowing regular air or if its related to anything else. As I dont know if hes going to pick the car up so If I end up keeping it I will add it to the list of to do when its tax season.

Posts: 46 | From: lake elsinore | Member Since: 02/09/18 | IP: (70.164.107.226) | Report this post to a Moderator

FlyingEagle Galant VR4.org Moderator
Eager Beaver

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1244574 posted 11/09/18 10:33 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I believe that is the AC cutout switch that stops the clutch signal to the AC compressor when your Coolant reaches a set point. If it is not connected, I suspect it will make no difference.
If you confirm there is charge in your system via a set of gauges, then you have a start.
If the AC compressor relay engages, but the clutch does not, you can do the old screwdriver trick to confirm you have magnetism at the clutch wheel - if you do this with the engine off, it should work by jumping the relay, saves getting a screwdriver through back into the belts if you don't know what you are doing.
Start with the relay engaging or not, and see if it can engage the clutch, as this can all be done without knowing what charge is in the system.
Then move forward.

C53A 1 of the ~1500

Posts: 1581 | From: THE Ottawa | Member Since: 03/05/05 | IP: (135.23.119.135) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 104

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.141 seconds in which 0.12 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page