The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newbie to the GVR-4.ORG (Intro)

Evolv23

Hello, I'm Travis Jacobs. Residing in Las Vegas, NV. I own 553/2000. In the process of finishing the restoration/build. Expected to be finished in October/November 2016.
Any recommendations or advice is appreciated. I haven't been in the game too long and never rebuilt a GVR-4 before, only a 2g GSX.
I have a complete album of my build if anyone is interested. Followed numerous write ups on here and of my own thoughts.
I look forward to meeting more Gvr4 people at the next MOD West Coast next year.

Thank you for your interest. Any questions are welcomed. I am on various Facebook groups as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

img.php

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome. Is that a billet valve cover?

bobdole

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Evolv23

I'll update more pics and have a parts list in about two weeks. Can't wait for this to run. Bought it as a shell. Never driven this yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Evolv23

Quoting iceman69510:
Welcome. Is that a billet valve cover?

Yes, it's a Frontline Fab Valve cover as mentioned. Scored a good deal on it with the fittings and braided lines. Still on the lookout for a nice catch can setup.

Evolv23

Here are some pics, sorry if it's discombobulated. My build list is very long I will work on it when it's finished and post. Lots of pics were not documented or taken. All new bearings/seals, oem parts used except some pieces and aftermarket parts of course. I coated every piece I took off with Eastwood rust encapsilator. Plans are in the 500hp range on E-85 after break in. Hopefully low 11s. If I break 10s it would be a miracle.

Evolv23

So it's taking a lot longer than anticipated. Things happen in life, almost there now!

Preview of end result.

Ecmlink v3 w/speed density.

Relocation wiring is horrible, I will fix it when my brain is there...

Evolv23

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Looking good! The PnP SD harness makes the SD install a breeze.

What wheels you planning to run?

Evo 8 Enkeis with Kuhmo Ecsta Xs tires. Should be posting more in about a month when I get it on all 4. JSB still for now...
Unfortunately I bought the wrong plug and play. This one is for a maft. Oopsie. Going to buy the right one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts