The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CAR WILL NOT START

yeti

so this has been getting more and mroe frequent and now the car will not start.

when i turn the key, the mpi relay clicks and i can hear the fuel pump working, nothing else starter doesent engage what so ever.

after reading the FSM IM GEUSSING THE MPI RELAY IS WORKING(EVEN THOUGH ITS CLICKING)because the fuel upmp primes and give me fuel pressure.

so the only other thing would be the coil in the starter itself correct?

should i wast money on a mpi relay to check if thats the cause? or just get another starter?

DynastyLCD

quick starter check, this will tell you if you need one: have someone hold the key when the starter only clicks, and tap it pretty good with a hammer and a prybar. if you tap on it, and it starts, that means the starter solenoid is hanging up and its time for a new starter. also, check the small wire that goes to the starter, make sure that's connected well, and the wire isn't rubbing on anything around it.

Barnes

Maybe you should try to figure out if the starter is even turn first. You could probably just stick your head in the engine compartment as someone turns the key and listen. Or use an engine stethoscope if you have one of those.

yeti

dynastylcd i owe my life to you( or at least the next 2 days)

i went a checked wires on starter and wow..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

the power wire bolt wasnt even there the power line has come off.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

please dont flame me to bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

DynastyLCD

well, that will cause the problem you're experiencing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

yeti, another one they taught us in tech school... K.I.S.S.... Keep It Simple, Stupid!

that applies to that one for sure, heh

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts