GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » dnp w/ external gate fitment
Previous thread Next thread

dnp w/ external gate fitment

fivesfe
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1051224 posted 02/11/12 01:03 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Right now i have a pte 50 trim with the old sbr manifold, it is internally gated and barely fits, id say half inch between the actuator and radiator.

My radiator is stock with a slim fan on the pass. side. Running just one fan.

The pte took a dump after hardly any miles on it, I figure mhi is a much more reliable route. Here is a picture of the setup I am getting.

Im trying to keep the stock radiator, reason being is my fmic is placed right behind it(sleeperish). I do have a 1g radiator and water neck, so if it comes down to it I can rearrange my fmic.

Has anyone else used the dnp manifold?

Edited by fivesfe (02/11/12 01:05 AM)

| | | IP: (75.164.16.118) | Report this post to a Moderator

broxma
retard monkey strength
379/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1051225 posted 02/11/12 01:49 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Have used one. I'm selling it actually. Not because it didn't fit, but the car is gone.

My Manifold fit with an oversized 1G aluminum radiator. I had(Have) an On3Performance 44mm V-band gate with the exhaust plumbed out the hood. The biggest issue will be that the manifold will probably set the turbo in a different spot compared to your last one. From switching my first manifold to the DNP, I had to have the DP modified to reach the O2 housing, by adding like 4 inches to it.

It fits. You can keep the radiator in the factory location. The turbo will most likely move. You can run at least a 35R without clearance issues on the block. It's a great manifold and worth the money. If you haven't bought one yet and are interested let me know because I can save you some money.

/brox

I am big into recycling though and if your not into sacrifice or burnt offerings, you may want to stick with 93 octane.

/brox

Posts: 911 | From: San Antonio Tx | Member Since: 11/16/09 | IP: (99.52.72.193) | Report this post to a Moderator

fivesfe
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1051254 posted 02/11/12 10:40 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I already have one. but I may be interested in your wastegate setup, pm me.

As far as the dump, I was actually thinking the same exact thing, Having it go out the hood. Do you have any pictures?

| | | IP: (75.164.16.118) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1475

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.069 seconds in which 0.055 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page