The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Remote start + keydiver chip

Just ordered a compustar alarm+remote start for the galant is there anything special that has to be done to make it work with my keydiver stage3 setup. My clutch switch is still active so I still need to press the clutch to start the car.Thanks for any response......

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

You can have the clutch pedal unhooked and still have the nlts and 2step. Splice I think the Red/black wire and ground it and leave the plug connected. Thats how its setup on my car and I have remote start and the features.
-Shane

jepherz

Staff member
The remote start feature on the Compustar system, which is designed to be used with manual transmission cars, circumvents the manufacturer clutch switch operation. From memory, you put a relay in line with the clutch switch so that the alarm can short circuit the switch when it is attempting to start the car.

When remote start on a manual car is enabled with a Compustar alarm, there is a procedure to follow in order to even enable the feature each time you want to use it. If you pull the key out of the ignition with the doors closed, the car will stay running and this enables the feature.

thanks for the responses I already have one my dd honda accord(5sp also) so I'm familiar with how the compustar works.Just wanted to see if there was anything special needed with the keydiver ecu...Almost forgot looks like I will need at least 1 actuator to powerlock or unlock the doors too....
Thanks again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned