The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

havin some rear camber problems

i noticed today my ds rear tire had more camber than normal like 45* unnormal. i do need the link but havent got the money yet. the problem is that the camber wasnt all till now. so i just went out like 5 min ago pulled the tire off and made sure nothing was loose. let car back down and now tire is streighter then ever. so i pulled car down driveway and back like 3 feet and its messed up again. whats going on

presterone

Try loosening or tightening the eccentric adjuster could be just spinning around

i tried doing an alighment today and this is the best i caould get it

before

after

when i got home i checked the rear camber and there both fucked up again and way off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

AnotherNewb

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
Something broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif You need to look again.

This.

Check bushings, subframe bolts, strut tops, all hardware. Wheelbearings, tierod ends, control arms. If your camber is moving that much with just a little drive something is worn out or damaged. You jacked it up and didn't feel anything loose? You missed something. Checked it again before the alignment, missed it again. I would suspect something as drastic as the sub frame moving around.

Anybody have pics of where the talon rear end bolts on. I am giing to start there i have a good feelong thats my problem because i niticed one of the poly bushing was loose to the sub frame but didnt have time to look into it.

raptorWagon

Check your lower control arms, make sure the ball joints aren't loose or the arms themselves aren't loose. The lower control arms control your camber, check to make sure the adjuster bolt, where the lower arm bolts to the subframe is tight and not loose. If those aren't torqued down they will rotate themselves from vibration. Make sure the Ball Joint holes on the arms aren't elongated either (you'll find out quick if your ball joint falls out)

Also check your trailing arm shock mounts for anything like this...This is bad, very, very bad.

img.php

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthCaliVR4

actually the upper arm is the camber adjustment & trailing arm adjusts for toe. Now if it's as messed up as the pic you posted the trailing arm could cause a camber issue.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts