The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BISS screw ejected?

yeti

So my car was running like i giant boost leak and i could hear it so i perform the blt and my biss screw is gone!

Ive already replaced it, just wondering if anybody else's has done this i was boosting 34 psi the other day so that probably ejected it.

Brunoboy

34 psi on what turbo?

Brunoboy

i dont think it was the turbo, do you still have the rubber cap over it?

yeti

no the caps been gone since i got the car i out a new screw and o ring in though..

im pretty sure the engine vibrated the screw out then the pressure just shot it out

Leon_R

This is quite common. What happens is o-ring gets hard and stops serving as thread locker (its second function, after actual sealing). You used to have to buy another TB to get the screw, so you had to pay $200+ for a used TB. Screws used to sell for $50-75 (if you could find a used one). Eventually people found a $4 plastic replacement.

That probably means that it was leaking for a while.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

junkyard tb or extremepsi and others have the plastic screw with o-ring, in my opinion the plastic one is not worth it.

misfitsnemesis

Go to mitsu and order you a biss screws its like $1 and change after taxs maybe 2 bucks now if that. Then go to lowes and i belive it a number #5 o-ring.

Here the vfaq
click

yeti

I have a plastic one in their now with a tiny bit of RTV on the threads, Its running fine now the part at Mitsubishi is $1 and its the metal one thanks for that info ill be getting that asap.

Do the plastic one's leak?

kama1

mine used to always land on top of the tranny.
got a new o ring and rubber cap.

I've had several leak, and while trying to unscrew them they tend to freeze in..metal ones are the way to go.

Drew84

If you can find a metal one, Mitsu superceeded it to a plastic part. I've had no issues with mine and a new o-ring. My metal one went missing on the highway too. Plus the plastic does not corrode and stick in the TB.

Okayplayer

I got mine from here: click
You get the nice little cap too. It's all authentic Mitsu stuff too.

grocery_getter

Get a small drill bit, drill across thru the top of the cylinder and put in a cotter pin. That will prevent the BISS screw from ejecting itself completely.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned