The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I'm a new guy!

Whats up everyone, the names Kevin, just recently picked up a 92 vr-4 #554/1000. Pretty stoked, for its a fun car so far. I've gone around and looked at a few parts and pics around here, but once i do some heavier searching I'll start posting questions.

Anyhoo, more about the car. I'll start by saying its...mostly stock. The motor was rebuilt stock, the head as well i believe. Came with quite a few go fast parts most not installed; SAFC-2, Dual BB 50 trim, 550cc injectors, etc. Came with a tubular manifold that I'm going to fab to accept an external wastegate to run that turbo. Though I'm very new to DSM, I'm not entirely new to turbos and building for such.

Just thought I'd post the new buy and see what i can create. Any help and direction leading would be great. As for pics, I'll hopefully have some posted by weeks end for sure. Looking to just clean up the eye sores, and few complications and hope that i can keep it around for awhile.

Thanks everyone for reading and hope to get some input and responses soon!

xkoolaidx

welcome, have fun and behave yourself, aaaaah just kidding, but seriously have fun

AnotherNewb

Alright, ill say it... its not a dsm. It is an mmc. Reason being dsm's were built in illinois and galants were built in japan.

But welcome... picks are a must if you are going to stick around. Don't mind some of the grumpier members if you ask a basic question and get a rude response, they are just so old they don't remember what it was like to be a newb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mmc not dsm, got it! I had a cbr 929 that i traded over for it.

THe plans are pretty straight forward, clean up. Get the exterior cleaned up, such as the fender, and trim pieces. Want to put on some clean rims, maybe some 17's? Get the correct pillar pod installed and get the boost control and turbo timers all wired in. Rewire and tuck the previous gauge pod wiring.

I'd like to look into a better FMIC and piping. I have a tubular mani that I'd like to clean up, wrap, and install with that BB turbo and wastegate. A few things in the engine to clean up and just help it flow better.

Other than those few things, I guess I'd be pretty happy with it, though right now I'm only worried after getting it to run correctly. With the hard start, bouncy idle stopped, everything is pretty decent.

Pics to come very soon still.

rag3

Welcome to the board. I hope you can share some videos of how your build is and what maod you plan on doing if you go down that route.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts