The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Adapting our cruise control for a 323

Whoodoo

I have a friend who has a turbo 323 and he wants to get cruise control in his car, but obviously can't use a vacuum based system. As I've never messed with cruise control before, how difficult would it be to adapt a GVR4 unit to the mazda? Is ours controlled by the ECU, or does it have it's own separate controller?

GreenGSX

It would be much simpler to just use an after market cruise control like the Rostra. All you need is a speed sensor signal from the ECU and then its only tapping a couple of wires and mounting the servo/switch. I have the Rostra on my wifes Forester for a couple of years and it works great. I bought it here... click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned