The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

stock corner

Whoodoo

According to Mr. FSM, the front axle supports 2,161 lbs. If we assume that even side to side, then each spring supports 1,080.5 lbs. How accurate is this really?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to find a good solution to my evo suspension headaches. I'm thinking about going with kyb inserts up front and welding the stock spring perch lower in order to lower the car. I just would like to know if I can do this on paper and how much parallel there is to the real world if I do.

Quoting Whoodoo:
According to Mr. FSM, the front axle supports 2,161 lbs. If we assume that even side to side, then each spring supports 1,080.5 lbs. How accurate is this really?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to find a good solution to my evo suspension headaches. I'm thinking about going with kyb inserts up front and welding the stock spring perch lower in order to lower the car. I just would like to know if I can do this on paper and how much parallel there is to the real world if I do.

Hey Buffy,
Just go with the Evo 8 or Evo 9 setup & be done with it. You've been tip toeing around it for far too long. The amount of $$$$$$ spent so far, you could've had them installed & deciding whether you like them or not.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned