GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » General VR4 Discussions » stock corner
Previous thread Next thread

stock corner

Whoodoo
buff guys = good time but my dream is to fondle 1051
62/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 938860 posted 10/12/10 11:07 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
According to Mr. FSM, the front axle supports 2,161 lbs. If we assume that even side to side, then each spring supports 1,080.5 lbs. How accurate is this really?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to find a good solution to my evo suspension headaches. I'm thinking about going with kyb inserts up front and welding the stock spring perch lower in order to lower the car. I just would like to know if I can do this on paper and how much parallel there is to the real world if I do.

62/2k

Posts: 923 | From: Binghamton, NY | Member Since: 07/11/09 | IP: (98.111.86.120) | Report this post to a Moderator

CarRacer
Giant Sack of Ginger
83/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 948303 posted 11/11/10 10:40 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
According to the scale numbers and percentages from when I installed my coilovers the front end weighs ~1850 pounds.

Total weight number, 3213.

Front percentage, 57.6%.

Weight was with no driver but everything else was "normal".

Posts: 4370 | From: Shakopee, MN | Member Since: 06/28/07 | IP: (75.73.133.56) | Report this post to a Moderator

Garfield Wright
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 948304 posted 11/11/10 10:45 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Quoting Whoodoo:

According to Mr. FSM, the front axle supports 2,161 lbs. If we assume that even side to side, then each spring supports 1,080.5 lbs. How accurate is this really?

The reason I ask is because I'm trying to find a good solution to my evo suspension headaches. I'm thinking about going with kyb inserts up front and welding the stock spring perch lower in order to lower the car. I just would like to know if I can do this on paper and how much parallel there is to the real world if I do.

Hey Buffy,
Just go with the Evo 8 or Evo 9 setup & be done with it. You've been tip toeing around it for far too long. The amount of $$$$$$ spent so far, you could've had them installed & deciding whether you like them or not.

| | | IP: (66.229.166.41) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1852

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.394 seconds in which 0.364 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page