The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hakook Winter I-Pikes 4TW

atc250r

Staff member
I got to drive my DD (FWD not GVR4) yesterday in the snow with these tires that I bought from Discount Tire during their $100 off sale. We had about 3 inches so it wasn't a lot but the Shadow went right over the mountain to get me to work without the road being plowed. I'm looking forward to trying them in some real snow later this winter but if anyone is in the market for a set of reasonably priced snows these seem to work very well.

John

CP

That tread pattern is very similar to my Gislaveds. I just noticed while flipping through one of this month's car mags. Mine were $94/tire 3 years ago. How much were those?

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
I ended up paying $108 shipped for all 4 (185/70/14) because of the sale. They are normally $52 each IIRC. They do look like the Gislaveds, that's kind of what sold me on them.

John

JB

I picked these up for 50 bucks off of craigslist. Gonna be my first winter on snows. I just missed the Discount tire deal.

Last edited:

gtluke

i had my galant out in those yoko snows i got, its unbelievable how much traction i had in the snow

On my vw MKV gti... i rock the bridgestone blizzaks... the best snow tires for sure.. that is what is going on my gvr4 when she'z on the road.

joemoto

Is anybody familiar with Nokian Hakkapeliitta snow tires?

CP

The Nokians are a great tire too.

Larry Parker

Hakkas are the best hands down... I have run and raced on a number of snow tires and almost EVERY SINGLE rally driver at the Sno-drift rally will be on the Nokian hakkapalita RSI... This is not by chance....

LP

deez

nokian makes a kick ass mountain bike tire, the gazzaloddi!

464/2K

Quote:
I just missed the Discount tire deal.

lucky i get that deal anyday /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

JB

Post deleted by JB

BoostedAWD91

i got a set of the Hankook I-Pikes from Discount Tire Direct as well during there crazy sale. The tread on these things is crazy. havent been able to get them put on the vr4 yet but i cant wait to see how they do, im sure i will be able to go anywhere with those on and AWD

I miss my snows. my Bald (im talking BALD) tires are just no fun in the snow.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts