The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aftermarket rear engine mount (roll stop)

idreamidrive

Figured I should put this here to have it documented

Installed the prothane engine roll stops in my car while it was down getting the trans rebuilt. Car no has a cruising vibration from 2-2.5k-ish rpm, probably due to the balance shaft elimination (bse). Replaced the front with an aftermarket mount and didn't change anything. I am in the process of changing out the rear with part number 8105 (it is listed like this if you go to rockauto, AutoZone, etc.), It also the same one listed for the eclipse gsx. The problem is that it is too tall (by one inch) and curved towards the firewall. Searching dsmtuners click they say it's for a fwd. Awesome...

I guess I will just live with it until I can source a stock replacement. Also, I am assuming that it's NLA (MB436495)

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Yes, the FWD version is taller. I remember running into this when I put a FWD engine into my 2nd VR4. Part of the reason the bracket is also different.

idreamidrive

Iceman, do you know if you could use the rear bracket from a fwd and the fwd mount to make it fit?

And a confirmation on the mount through Mitsubishi being NLA, in the us at least (I am still waiting to hear back from JNZ to find out if there is any globally).

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I don't think that works. I believe it is the crossmember that is different as well requiring the other parts to match.

AllanL

no chance the press the bushing out of the FWD bracket and press it in the 4WD bracket?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Good idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

idreamidrive

Quoting AllanL:
no chance the press the bushing out of the FWD bracket and press it in the 4WD bracket?

I haven't tried, but people doing it in the past said "the sleeves on the aftermarket ones just crumble when you try."

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts