The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The 4900 mile Unicorn VR4 Galant horn was fake.

AZChris

Hi all,

Back in February I asked for advise about the value and things to service on what I was
told was a 4800 mile 91 VR4 Limited. The car is owned by my bosses wife she called me up
and asked me to sell it for her as I have sold cars for them in the past. After she told
me what it was I asked her for the millage 3 times and each time I was told 4800 miles.
Well she got busy and didn't have time to deal with it until today.

Well, it is a very clean car but it has 48K miles and NOT 4800 miles BIG difference in Value.
So now I need to ask what kind of value a 48K mile 91 Limited VR4 original owner Arizona Galant is
worth. Everything works, all the seats are perfect and rip/tear free. The car is dirty/dusty and I
will get it cleaned and take some better pics but here is what I have so far.

Thanks....

ktmrider

Still pretty neat discovery.

For reference this had more miles but was spec'd pretty close: click

Took about a yer for it to sell, not sure the final total but maybe the OP or new owner wold respond via PM.

There was a black GVR4 in a Feeler ad a number of years back, owner was near the AZ/NM border and this sure reminds me of it. Guy was so offended by the low-ballers that he stored the vehicle out of spite LOL.

AZChris

Good to know thank you.

Did they make this car in like a super dark green by chance?
Now that I see that black one in your link this one's color
seems not as black as it could be.

Thanks,

Chris

IncorpoRatedX

Nile black is a strange color and has subtle metal flake to it. Soemtimes it looks dark green, grey or has silver tones to it. Photo filters usually make it come up black. Your car is black judging by the pictures. Congrats on laying eyes on such a low mile car, im up in phoenix and would love to check it out. List it nationally, I have a lot of mitsu friends from the midwest that would like this car. I picked up two all original one owner husband and wife cars with a friend of mine, one of them was left stock and sold, the buyer was thrilled at how much of a time capsule it was. The other one I modded and drove the arizona a year later.

AZChris

Thanks for the info.

Yes, you are welcome to come down and check it out.
PM me for my contact info and we can set something up.

Chris

fuel

As it sits with no detailing or service work carried out to it, it could be anywhere around $6-9k. With a thorough detail inside and out, proper paint correction etc, complete service/overhaul including timing belt/water pump, ALL fluids dropped, flushed and replaced - it could be anywhere between $10-15k.

I would be questioning how long it has been sitting for, how frequently it was serviced (ie by time, or by milage intervals). If it has only been serviced say 3-4 times its entire life due to the miles, then I would be a little worried. You would want to be finding out when that timing belt was last replaced, if it has been replaced at all. If it's still on the original timing belt, then it is a ticking time bomb that could turn the car from a $10k car into a $3k car with a dead engine.

gvr4ever

That was brought up in the original post. It was recommended that the car not even be started until serviced. I'd imagine the brakes are all frozen with goo in the lines.

AZChris

It was started and driven at least once a month. The glove box has
lots of service receipts that I still need to go through.

A coolant and brake/clutch fluid flush wouldn't hurt and I'll pop off
the cover and look at the timing belt, I bet it's been changed at least
once by now.

The car runs and drives just fine but could use a good cut and buff.

boostedinaz

Interesting car. I would have loved to have come look at it and give you an idea on what value I think it holds and what it would need to make for a quick yet valuable sale. 48K is still not bad considering.

89Mirageman

I would say cleaned up and maintenance done its worth 15k. Can't be too many of these left with such low mileage.

Last edited:

89Mirageman

I would say cleaned up and maintenance its worth 15k. Can't be too many of these left with such low mileage.

4Grim

I know the mileage misinformation is a big difference but considering its a 1991 vehicle with only 48k and looks very solid and clean and still bone stock....its market value will be high.

Two things I would want to know to assess value:

1. Single owner?

2. AZ car for all its life?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings