The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

182's Hitch -Justin Built

pot

Staff member
There is a fellow board member on here that is one helluva an asset to this community. You may have heard of him cause he's kind of a bid deal. However, he isn't outspoken or brash, in fact he's quite humble. Obviously we're talking about EMX5636 otherwise known as Mr. Justin Warren /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One day, after browsing the galant forums I happened across a post of one of his custom hitches. I summoned the courage to message Mr. Warren via Facebook and politely informed him I was on the hunt for one of his "Justin Built Hitches." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif Less than 5 minutes later, he tells me "Hold Squat dude. What are you pulling, how do you plan on wiring it? Do you need a receiver? Do you want me to furnish the wiring? How soon do you need it?......etc" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

-The point is he went out of his way not only to commit to building me a hitch but assured me he could fab one up in no time flat and have it dropped off at my doorstep before I was prepared to pull anything with it. Suffice it to say I wanted to share the quality of his craftsmanship with you folks and if your fortunate like I was maybe he can square you away too. I'd like to take this opportunity to again thank you for all your hard work, patience, and for building me a straight badass hitch brother /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

So now its time for some pictures:

ApexHunter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Damn, that's sweet, nice work! Fit looks spot on. I need one for my Evo!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
1 1/4" receiver?

What are you going to carry/pull with it?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Oops, I knew that. Slipped my mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bobdole

How much does he charge for these? I might pick one up.

EMX5636

Glad you got it all installed! Looks great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Even more hidden on a black car. As far as prices, PM me. Sub $200 is correct, but I need a set of tow hooks from you first, and I need to check availability of my powdercoat guy. So exact totals will depend on what you want included etc.

And yes 1.25" Class 1/2 Receiver. I don't recommend towing more tongue weight than that.

pot

Staff member
Look up 674/1000. James Foster has one although he may have built his own or had one built locally. He discussed in another thread his ability to tow upwards of a 1,000 lbs without an issue.

EMX5636

Quoting highrpm666:
This is really cool. Can't wait to see it pulling something!

I've pulled my dirt/streetbikes on my 2 place trailer numerous times. Although mostly I put my downhill bikes on the rack, and have 2 more on the roof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes, James did build his own, and that's kinda where I decided to start doing them.

Last edited:

Ben

Ok, What all do you need to start this? Tow hooks? Would you ship this or even make one for me? Absolutely no rush.
I am so excited!!!! I have been wanting to pull my 3 rail dirt bike trailer with my Galant!!!

EMX5636

Yes Ben, I need a stock set of rear VR4 tow hooks. Don't need to be perfect, but in-tact. PM me if you'd like to move ahead. Eventually, if there's enough interest, I'll either start stocking sets of hooks to exchange, or build my own.

Ben

I'll get my car up on a lift and see what your taking about. Will be a bit, but I'll pm you once I get them off.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts