GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » General VR4 Discussions » Re: Where does one go to find a mint, high quality vr4 for sale?
Previous thread Next thread

Re: Where does one go to find a mint, high quality vr4 for sale?

BpuVR4
Rolled by Accord while sauced

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1131504 posted 07/07/13 05:57 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quoting transparentdsm:

Quoting etownpips:

The key to having a reliable DD galant vr4 is having it close to stock as possible.

thats not true, look at the memebers shwcase. there are a few cars making over 400whp and have been for years, some still have the stock block in the car. they can be driven anywhere and are far from stock. having a reliably, daily drivable vr4 comes down to be meticulous with the maintenance and never be cheap when buying replacement parts. you will spend way more money in the end trying to be cheap in the beginning.

yea, i think ultimately it comes down to those guys having had the time/resources to have gone through the whole car and brought up to date anything that may go bad on a 20yr old machine en route to making that power. correct me if im wrong....either way, that's definitely the goal for me. wouldn't mind having a 20g vr4 i have peace of mind to drive from one coast to the other.

06 V70 2.5T
formerly: 372/2k, 555/2k, 957/1k

Posts: 806 | From: Chicago | Member Since: 07/11/05 | IP: (50.129.252.55) | Report this post to a Moderator

transparentdsm
I have to say something dumb Member
138/2000

152/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1131523 posted 07/07/13 09:31 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
IMHO my car isn't half as nice as most of the cars in the showcase and i have only owned this car for 1 year and 5 months and it has only been a running driving car for maybe 3 of those months, but i have been very meticulous with the maintenance and if something goes wrong i try to replace it with the best parts i can, like right now im mad at my self for having a grinding trans in my car and that im traveling and dont have the space or time to rebuild or the money to have my other trans rebuilt. i cant wait to get to cali and just park the car till i can fix up my other trans. most of the parts i have replaced i have done in those last 3 month, its a matter of people having a DSM mentality with these vehicles and saying fuck it and turning there radios up, instead of turning it down and figuring out what is that little noise.

138/2000
152/1000

Posts: 3589 | From: Klamath Falls, Or | Member Since: 07/27/11 | IP: (98.245.83.11) | Report this post to a Moderator

Drew84
801/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1131597 posted 07/08/13 01:50 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Mine is mostly stock from a drive ability stand point. Getting stuck in traffic with a stock clutch is way better than a racing one. Also I have the luxury of having a heavily modded DSM. I took the Galant to Lime Rock Park in CT last Saturday, it's about 150 miles from my house. I had the a/c going the whole time. It was 90 plus degrees out. I drove it normally, stayed out of boost to keep the temps down and it never faltered or even got close to running hot even in traffic. It's such a great road trip car and I love taking it to events like that because it's a head turner. People have to stop and figure out what it is and those who know give you the nod of approval.

1999 Montero Winter Package
1990 Talon TSi AWD
1991 Galant VR4 801/2000
#RacedInAnger
@autoofftopic

Posts: 226 | From: Peabody, Ma | Member Since: 11/16/10 | IP: (173.162.169.117) | Report this post to a Moderator

EMX5636
Carbon Fiber Cage
108/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1131634 posted 07/08/13 06:13 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Mine isn't very stock, but it can be driven like stock. My clutch (while not a stock or 2100lb plate) is very mild mannered in traffic. It makes the slight twin-disc chatter when the clutch is pressed it, but pedal feel is like stock, and it is far from an ON-OFF switch. It'll slip on hills as easy as a full face disc.

It really is, as most people have set, quality parts that makes a DSM or Galant reliable. I drove mine 4 days last week, in 90* heat, with the AC on, to work, to the store, to anywhere I want. It goes to the mountains in winter for boarding, the beach and mountains in the summer. Carries my bike around, now will carry my dirtbike and supermoto around on the trailer. It's an awesome street car that anyone with a day or two of getting used to, could drive anywhere.

91 #108/2000- link
97 Kawi ZX7R Street/Track
03 Kawi KLX400R Supermoto
05 CTS-V Stealth Grey
09 Hummer H3T

Posts: 1625 | From: Bucks County, PA | Member Since: 06/28/08 | IP: (69.249.135.121) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1 | 2
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
1 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 4409

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.077 seconds in which 0.049 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page