The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSM front subframe

Lofty

I searched, but I couldn't find anything. GVR4.orgs subject only search isn't working for me, and I can't sift through loads and loads of threads with the word subframe in it. Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I swapped my 1g TSI AWD subframe into my GVR4. Yes, the front subframe, not just the hubs. I have a few questions.

It takes 1 full turn to get the steering to maximum wide angle. I don't think this is standard in a gvr4, unless I'm mistaken.

Also, I have to drill out the front to rear crossmember (the one that goes from the front roller mount member to the rear mount member.
It runs under the pulley side.
It's a few millimeters off on the bolt holes. I don't see this as an issue, I took it out of my totalled car, and I'm assuming it's cause I smacked something real hard. Has anyone else actually pulled this off?

123abc

So you totaled your red one? I would assume the subframe and stuff should bolt right in but couldn't be sure. About the steering rack, are you sure it's centered when aligning it?

Lofty

Yep red one was totalled.

I honed out the front crossmember holes and it bolted right up.

Steering is fine, I guess I forgot what it was like to drive a DSM, which is why it felt weird.

Just incase everyone was wondering.

You *CAN* bolt in the front subframe from a 1G AWD to a GVR4. Everything bolts right up, and is self explanitory.

However, I kept the front crossmember that holds the front motor mount, and used everything else from a 1G AWD.

Just figure I'd post this, so others can find out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks guys!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned