The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Some help figuring out what this turbo is: T04E O-trim 67mm

alansupra94

I found a local guy (that turned out to be a old friend from my soccer days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif) and he has a turbocharger for sale. He is unsure of whether is a real or fake Garrett turbo, but for $80 brand new, I said might as well try it.

It says this on the badge - "T3/T4-T04E-VbandOtrim" and on the inlet it says "J84A". He says it is a 67mm. I highly doubt its a ball bearing turbo.

I am more curious to how much power would I expect to make out of this? Spooling characteristics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Any help would be great.

1qkfwd

Pics would probably help.

alansupra94

I will post them up tonight since I am buying it then. Plus photobucket is blocked up here. The photos my friend gave me are pretty dark so I doubt it will help.

Thanks,
Alan

alansupra94

Yes! That even has the stamp on the front of it.

How much power would that turbo make for me? Lag?

CSMShaun

I found some measurements on DSM tuners ASSUMING you have the same turbo: Inducer 72.4mm, Exducer 88.9mm, Turbine 76.2mm. A Garrett journal bearing GT4088 has an ID of 64.7mm and ED of 88mm with a turbine size of 77mm. Your comp wheel is slightly bigger with a comparable turbine wheel. If the turbo holds together you may be able to see as much as 600 or so horsepower. Maybe more or maybe less it just depends. It will be laggy compared to smaller framed turbos.

alansupra94

Sweet thanks guys!

I will take pictures today when I pick it up!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned