GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Idling issue
Previous thread Next thread

Idling issue

Vr4in
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 953967 posted 12/01/10 01:08 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I still cant figure out why my car idles at around 1400 then every few seconds drop to 1000 and rise up again. Anyone know what that is?

| | | IP: (174.29.223.215) | Report this post to a Moderator

Red_Bird
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 954061 posted 12/01/10 11:58 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
That is idle surge, and idle surge is the condition that occurs when something in the ECU idle speed feedback loop fails to operate as expected. Since the ECU is not quite as smart as you are and has a very microscopic view of its world, its behavior may seem very strange to you, but seem perfectly normal to the computer. The result is an idle speed that oscillates from ~1200-1500 RPM about 2 times a second and no error codes are ever displayed. Since you are not accelerating it only goes a certain RPM before fuel is cut dropping the RPMs then it raises again starting a never ending cycle.

Check vfaq.com

| | | IP: (66.119.4.107) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1491

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.512 seconds in which 0.498 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page