The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Blown Turbo? So Close yet so far away

sublimesnfu

After spending the last 3 years playing working on my Galant in my spare time we noticed the turbo oil feed line was leaking while the car was idling during tuning yesterday. The car lost almost a quart of oil by the time we noticed the leak. I've driven the car about 8 miles after fixing the oil feed line for further tuning and today the turbo started making a grinding sound today after driving her a little hard.

Here's a link with video and pretty clean audio of the sound- click .

Any opinions? I'm not inclined to drive the car another inch right now and if I need to replace my turbo any suggestions. I'm thinking a 16g.

Thanks
Alan

yea man. that sounds terrible. also. that turbo maybe putting metal deposits in your intake side. id not drive it for risk of metal ending up inside the motor. or going down the oil return line into the oil pan.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts