The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Very bad knock

well as i posted in the other thread the GSX 2.0 started knocking really bad and i mean really laud
it sounds almost like this click
but alot wores
could it be something else the engine have the balnce shaft removed it also after this drop in oil presure

belize1334

One possibility is that the fly-wheel bolts have come loose. Does the sound change when you push the clutch in?

So you already removed the BS or you are planning to. If it was done improperly you could have left an oiling hole open and that would give you low oil pressure. Are you saying that you lost oil pressure already or is that speculation? If so then you may well have spun a one of your rod or main bearings which could also sound like that.

no the sound dosent change when the cluch is in

we had a problem when we first reasemble the engine after find out that it was one mark on the timing belt off we took it apart and found the blance shaft belt was ripped apart and the blance shaft was sized

the blance shaft was left in there was it was unable to be removed
we never really checked oil pressure until we mounted a couple of gauges like 3 weeks ago it had alot of oil pressure like when the engine is cold. we just noticed after getting it home when it started Knocking that the oil pressure had dropped to half that and was down to normal again.

something happen the day before my buddy called me up at work and said he that the rear diff explored on the highway he was positive that the ring gear was lunched out. he said it had never drove that great and have that much power. he got home i put it on jack stands and crawled under there to have a look nothing looked messed up no oil leaks nothing looked out of place or missing. but he was postive he lost something. we took it for spin around the block i had to agree it has like double in power. well next day we where out driving and suddenly it started nocking really bad we took it home drove it to our shop looked it over nothing looked broken it had no loss in power just the knock. not to wake up the neighboars we decied to push it onto the parking lot we find that it was very easy to push before we had to be 3 people pushing it just to get it moving now i could push it while he was steering so something has happend

we are at a complete loss
we have not torn into the engine jet not even removed it

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned