GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » What happend to FP X-cams?
Previous thread Next thread

What happend to FP X-cams?

chucklesas
Hogna Carolinensis

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 787090 posted 05/01/09 05:09 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Particularly the FP 3 and 3x cams? I don't see them for sale on their site any more, but they have this 4R and 5R thing (looks like for use on super high revving engines). Anyway, I figured the 3 or possibly the 3x would have been more appropriate for my build. I have a 2.3 block and head with OS valves. Going to need to get some springs. I don't see dual valve springs anymore either, just these beehive things. Like I said in another post, I've been out of it for a while.

I guess I'll just give them a call, but thought maybe someone on here might have some insight into this.

Thanks.

Charles S
363 burn victim, SOLD to be parted out1180 SOLD
720 SOLD

Posts: 1893 | From: Dayton, OH | Member Since: 02/14/03 | IP: (68.228.175.88) | Report this post to a Moderator

curtis Galant VR4.org Moderator
Space Blanket from NASA plumbed into the attic
475/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 787096 posted 05/01/09 05:28 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Beehives are the new thing. There factory on evos and with the evo swapping out to titanium which is heavier there ceramic alloy retainers can be used as well. My buddy swapped his out when he went to 272's on the evo and they tested thew spring pressure and it was only like 2 or 3 more pounds on the set that the upgraded Brian Crowers so I have a set I'm going to use with the 280's I bought with the sets shimmed up and all matched.

92 GVR4 0475/1000
Greenhouse Effect Green
Exceeds Mechanical Limits
"Put the dawg to work.
Ass, Gas or Milkbones. Nobody rides for free" Jon AKA Toybreaker

Posts: 11892 | From: Clarksville TN | Member Since: 05/04/03 | IP: (208.95.177.91) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1058

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.049 seconds in which 0.04 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page