The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is this???

I recently replaced the passenger axle on my VR4 and noticed that gear oil had been leaking got sometime now. THe axle was trashed and the seal was hard and cracking. I pulled out the seal to find what I think is a race? I took a picture of it, I do not have a great camera but you get the idea. I havent done anything to this part for it to do this and thought I would be okay since thats the way it was. Wow, was I wrong! The car has been out of the shop a total of a week for balance shaft removal, few bent valves, had FP2 put in, ARP headstuds, MLS gasket, install ported evo III exhaust mani. cut bumper last night to install front mount.......that time didnt come. I was driving to Walmart and heard a metallic rotational noise. Stopped the car fevved engine, hmmmm, all seems okay. I take off and roll windows down and it coming from the passenger side front. It has to be this RACE? I have been running this Gvr4 fwd due to the input shaft was twisted. Maybe its time to bring it back to its true self.........AWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was towed to local dsm shop this evening.....
picture follows

Wendy
Kicking Cancers Ass

cOmpressor

That is what $1,500 looks like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I dont like the sound of 1500! I have faith in a local DSM shop to tear it down and maybe just replace that bearing and put a new input shaft in there..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif AWD here I come!!!!

Things I will need?
transfer case
drive shaft
4bolt rear
axles
axle cups

anything else?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned