The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wiring Problem! No Fuel?

Ok, so my car has been F'd up for the past year and a half. I decided yesterday that I should finally try to fix it. I posted threads about it a long freakin time ago here but I never figured out what was wrong with it.

Anyways... I redid all the wiring that was cut up from installing an SAFC (which doesn't work cuz my ecu won't read the MAS). After I redid all the wiring, I tried driving and now it won't drive. It seems that it's not delivering fuel... It just bogs hardcore when I step on the gas, it's not drivable at all.

So would anyone know wtf went wrong? I rechecked the wiring and it seems that all of it is good...

Kenny_Kline

Settings in AFC?
Maybe wiring for MAF is wrong on the AFC? What does it say for MAF signal in Hz? ANy signal at all in the AFC?

Do you have a logger?

Your information you gave is not a good start so do some diagnosing and come back. Then we will be able to help you.

I unhooked the SAFC and undid all the wiring on it. It only read 3Hz at all times. I've hooked up a diagnostic thing to it before and it wasn't able to read the MAS. Right now I just want my car to run but it won't freakin deliver fuel normally.

Kenny_Kline

3hz all the time? sounds like a bad MAS or wiring is wrong. There are 4 wires you use for the MAS signal. Did you use the right 2? Right sensor type? Still lacking info.

Also, I would unplug afc and put a jumper wire between the 2 MAS wires to see if you have a bad MAS

Well, I figured it out. Turns out that when I cleaned up all the wiring, I finally hooked it up so that all the wires were touching since my genius master mechanic friend wired it horribly. So it wasn't running because my car finally able to read the MAS. But it couldn't actually read the MAS cuz I have a 2G MAS on it. So I just simply unhooked the MAS and now it runs. Still sucks balls, but at least it runs.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned