The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Walbro part #

vtecds1

Can anyone tell me the part# for the Walbro 255 w/install kit...I did the search feature but can't find it. I`ve also looked online but came out with a couple of different part #'s.

vtecds1

Nevermind...found found the part #'s for the 1g and 2g. But now, I`ve read that there is some fitment issues. Which one do I order? The 2g or the 1g with a 2g kit? I currently have a Supra pump and do I have to do a considerable amount of modification to install the Walbro?

Why get an install kit at all? I find it to be a waste of money.. just throw a bare gss342 in there and call it a day

vtecds1

So it's a straight bolt on affair? any modifications I have to do?

jepherz

Staff member
Yes, depending on what pump you get. Let me see if I can find an old thread.

Think the thread is gone, but I had a picture of a DSM pump and a supposed vr4 specific pump. One of them had the inlet and outlet on the same side, the other didn't. GSS 341 seems to come to mind as the part number for one of them, does that sound right? I'm not sure if that was the right or wrong part number, though...

Last edited:

vtecds1

Is this the thread your talking about? walbro

Still trying to figure out what "earth line" means...

yes it bolts up just buy a GSS342 and put it in. I dont care what kind of debate or stupid threads are around about it. I saw the same stuff and i had one on hand that is "supposed" to be an evo pump. The only thing i had to do was cut a small plastic tab off the bottom of the pump with a side cutters/wire cutter. Its not like its hard, its very obvious when you try to install it what needs to be cut. If you havent gotten the pump yet check out this link www.extremepsi.com and look for the evolution model 255HP which should be the GSS342 and they have a very nice shipped price. Goodluck

vtecds1

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Earth line = ground wire.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

thanks joosdawg...

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
I believe joosedawg is correct on that. There are two versions of the pump, GSS-342 and GSS-341. Looking at the link he posted, the 1g kit comes with GSS-341. The evo kit (as well as the 2g kit) comes with GSS-342. I can't find my picture that I posted up a long time ago, but one of the pumps has the inlet and outlet on the same side, and one has them on the opposite side. Most people end up buying a pump for a 1g, in which the inlet/outlet are in the incorrect sides, so they end up cutting the hardline on the fuel pickup. If you get the "correct" pump for the gvr4 (which I believe is the same as the evo/2g) then you shouldn't have to cut this hardline.

Hope that made sense...

jepherz

Staff member
P.S. their pictures of individual pumps are not correct. If you look at the 1g vs 2g kits, you will see what I mean by the inlet/outlet being on different sides of the pump. Yes, I did check and the 2g uses the 342.

vtecds1

Just wanted to let you guys know that the 342 is a direct fit and no mods needed except the wiring harness. Thanks guys!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts