The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3G MAS limitations.

Terry Posten

Does anybody know what the over-run is on the 3MAS?

Is there a air metered frequency that I need to stay below to keep this unit in 1 piece and not have the honeycomb get sucked in?

I am running a Keydiver chip that he custom programmed for a 2.3L using the 3G MAS and 750 injectors.

OldHairyBastard

Is the motor completed and your ready to rock. Sorry for the thread jack. Just wanted to know.

I think Mark made 580 whp then the comb got sucked in on the Evo 8 mas. It was a used unit though. I'm pretty sure a new one will stand up to more hp. Not sure what the over-run point is as far as exact #s. Check dsmchips.com to see if Jeff has some detailed info there.

Terry Posten

I will MAYBE get 550-570 crank HP and my MAS was new from Icce.

I really don't want to mess around with a new intake setup.

The next spendy purchase will be a 4bolt and then a good exhaust mani/external WG/custom DP.

For those power levels you'll be good. I was planning on 600 whp with my evo 8 mas. It's been done before but you need all the right combinations. That was the reason I was going to stick with my intake setup as well, just didn't want to change it as it was functional & the money could be spent in other more needy areas.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts