The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ZR4 Misfire issue

celm

I had my 89 ZR4 with cyclone motor detailed and now has a miss fire , I knew it was probably from water. I was going to change the plugs and wires anyway , so I did that and cyl 1 and 2 aren't really firing. if you put a plug in the wire of 1 and 2 and ground it the plug sparks ,seems like the plug isn't sparking when its screwed into the head. I didn't cross the wires as I removed 1 wire at a time and replaced with new one , for shits and giggles I did a compression test and got 160 across the board . Any ideas or where to check next

Last edited:

bradrs

unplug the power transistor connector and coil pack connectors, make sure everything is dried out in there. I've had a little water get into the back of the power transistor, and it cause some shorts.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Also, it bears mentioning (although hopefully you checked this being in the spark plug wells), but make sure there is no water at the bottom of those.

celm

thanks for the post

end up being fuel issue as sediment was sucked in, it was just coinincident it happened when it was getting detailed. now going to drop tank and clean it, new fuel pump,, fuel filter and inj

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts