The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Boost Gauge install

Iggy

I'm trying to install my mechanical boost gauge right now, but I'm not sure which vacuum line to T into. I can't find an actual answer.

thomcasey

I "T"d mine off the FPR vacuum line.

EfiniX

There's a few rules:

* T off the Intake
* don't touch the vac line to the fuel pump
* distribution blocks are your friend
* T as close to the gauge as possible (limit the length of the vac line)

Unless you are planning to invest in a new intake mani w/ more hose nipples, I would suggest getting a distribution block. My vac lines were t'd to hell before I got my cyclone intake. Speed density, boost, BoV... I wish I had picked up a distro block early on. So much easier.

Quoting Iggy:
I'm trying to install my mechanical boost gauge right now, but I'm not sure which vacuum line to T into. I can't find an actual answer.

G

Staff member
For a blow off valve I wouldn't source from a vac block. Especially if it's hks. Go direct to the intake mani.

diambo4life

Almost everything should be taken directly from the intake manifold. I actually tapped my intake (stock) for more vacuum/boost ports.

biglady112

Would have been easier to use a vacuum distribution block mike. Or use the existing holes on either side of the intake that have plugs in them from the factory just waiting for you to use them.

We run everything off of a single distribution block and have had no issues up to 1000hp so far.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Quoting G:
For a blow off valve I wouldn't source from a vac block. Especially if it's hks. Go direct to the intake mani.

With speed density I meant.

transparentdsm

Quoting diambo4life:
Almost everything should be taken directly from the intake manifold. I actually tapped my intake (stock) for more vacuum/boost ports.

This is also what I prefer to do. It's simple, easy to do, allows you to clean the intake manifold ( they always need that), replace some potential bad gaskets, best of all it cleans things up and allows you to hide the hoses and even some extra ones.

When I do mine I usually add 1 extra port then needed and cap it in case methanol would like to be added later.

EfiniX

I mean this is the best way, but unless you want to pull your mani and tap it (and are comfortable doing so), a distro block is your next best-bet.

biglady112

We run our blow off valve off of the vacuum block, with speed density. I don't see why an HKS one would be different, then again I would not put that junk on a car I own. That is for sure. If I cannot hookup an Army/Navy or JIC fitting to my blow off valve, I am not interested in it. Those HKS are junk and leak horribly at both the flange oring and the nipple that is pressed into the back I it.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting biglady112:
We run everything off of a single distribution block and have had no issues up to 1000hp so far.

Quoting biglady112:
We run our blow off valve off of the vacuum block, with speed density.

Quoting biglady112:
then again I would not put that junk on a car I own

Well, guess you don't have to worry about that since per the usual, these aren't your cars.

transparentdsm

And your just f***ing talking to talk now.. I use a block for everything .. then 2 second's later blocks are junk never on my car make up your f***ing mind...

Last edited:

diambo4life

Quoting biglady112:
Would have been easier to use a vacuum distribution block mike. Or use the existing holes on either side of the intake that have plugs in them from the factory just waiting for you to use them.

My intake was off so I tapped it. I agree if it is something you are doing with the intake in the car, a distribution block would work fine. I just don't like T'ing off the FPR or wastegate lines. Just a preference.

PS: I think I rounded off those blockoffs in the intake attempting to break them loose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings