The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock GVR4 rear axles the same?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I am shocked I don't know the answer to this off the top of my head (or I have forgotten...), but are the rear stock axles the same Left and Right? I have a pair sitting here and I can't tell the difference. I have searched here and not found anything confirming or denying it explicitly. To be clear, I am asking about 3 bolt non-LSD, as I know the answer for other (non-stock) versions.

I did check CAPS and I see the left/right shaft repair kits are the same part number. The version I was using (on-line) does not seem to show assemblies anymore to check those part numbers.

Thanks.

mitsuturbo

Yes. Open diffs have the same axle on both sides. Only the LSDs have one axle with a 2nd set of splines.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Thank you sir.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings