The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

couple vacuum line questions with pics 92 Galant

scottinalaska

I just purchased a VR4 and love it. Previous owner lost his balance shaft belt and....yeah, lost the rest. So now it is balance shaft deleted and EGR and A/C deleted. No CE lights and it runs well. No ABS light, boost is strong, etc.
But I have a few items that don't seem resolved. A little direction here would be appreciated. I have circled the mystery parts. Like where does this bracket connect to and plug into?

mystery%20bracket%20and%20plug_zpsqhyifg3l.jpg

blocked%20of%20vacuum%20port_zpsleffttzt.jpg

vacuum%20servo%20not%20connected_zpsnxhfqvuh.jpg

Thanks,
Scott

thomcasey

1st pic looks like old connections for the now deleted AC system. and fan assembly

2nd pic looks like the large line that game from the EGR Canister back to the intake (plug the intake side)

3rd pic is your Blow-off valve. The small vacuum line connects to the line coming out of the intake manifold

scottinalaska

Thank you for the picture example. I already have that intake spot taken. Is this right? I also have another similarly acting vacuum on the valve cover to the left. This leaves my Blow Off valve hanging. The car runs excellent with no lights on. The turbo is smooth and doesn't give any indication of problems. But this Blow Off valve is really a diverter valve, right? I mean, it doesn't blow off to the atmosphere or exhaust. It just shuffles it right in before the turbo.
Thus, maybe I need to find a different intake manifold vacuum nipple? Or like I noted a few sentences ago, is the spot you circled going to the wrong place?
Thanks!

scott
vacuum%20routing_zpshmt7hobo.jpg

transparentdsm

look straight down from the T in MULTI, there is a capped vacuum port. that goes to the BOV. the hose to the intake tube is fine. the other one is fine to, but you'll want to zip-tie it at the valve cover port and get a one-way/brake check valve for the hose and make sure no air can flow into the valve cover.

Last edited:

thomcasey

Yea, seems I grabbed a pic of an NA intake manifold.

scottinalaska

Transparen,You reference the Multi. I do not know what that refers to.
Here is a pic of a multiple of capped nipples.
Also, should I cap this tube that I presume used to go to my cannister?
Thanks,
scott
intake%20nippled%20capped_zpssdcjhukq.jpg

evap%20cannister%20tube%20going%20to%20tank_zps7vm4slkp.jpg

thomcasey

Look where it says ECI MULTI on you intake manifild. Look down from there and you will see a small vacuum nipple sticking out, that is where the BOV connects to.

Quoting scottinalaska:
Thank you for the picture example. I already have that intake spot taken. Is this right? I also have another similarly acting vacuum on the valve cover to the left. This leaves my Blow Off valve hanging. The car runs excellent with no lights on. The turbo is smooth and doesn't give any indication of problems. But this Blow Off valve is really a diverter valve, right? I mean, it doesn't blow off to the atmosphere or exhaust. It just shuffles it right in before the turbo.
Thus, maybe I need to find a different intake manifold vacuum nipple? Or like I noted a few sentences ago, is the spot you circled going to the wrong place?
Thanks!

scott
vacuum%20routing_zpshmt7hobo.jpg

scottinalaska

Transparent and Thom,
Thanks for VERY detailed description you gave me. It was so good, I didn't even get it! The LETTER "T"! You were certainly dotting your i's and crossing your T's there.
That is now taken care of along with a oneway valve.
Any thoughts on my orphaned fuel line from the tank that sits wide open down near the ground?

Thanks,

Scott

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts