The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How can I install Evo Brembos (front and rear) on my gvr4?

jeremycuascut

Ive been looking everywhere for brake upgrades for my galant vr4. I dont want your average brake upgrade. My car will be making over 500whp and it will be driven on the street and auto cross.I cant find a reliable source for what parts I will need to run either evo brembos or any other big brake setup. I also need to find a way to run a hydraulic hand brake to each caliper.

KiNgMaRtY

For the front you will require and adapter bracket. There is a huge thread on DSMtuners.
No one on here has successfully installed a hydraulic rear parking brake when upgrading the rears or has even been able to modify the new caliper into accepting the OEM bits.
There was a rear kit being made overseas to adapt the Evo drums to our cars but I have not seen anyone actually install it.

Last edited:

BENE38A

Im in the process of installing the rears using the racefab kit, basically you cut off the old mounting points and weld on a new bracket and you get a template to modify the evo handbrake assembly to bolt to the trailing arm plus all the bolts and spacers needed. Msg Rob at racefab, easiest contact is on facebook.
I believe there is a trailing arm from a later model magna or something that bolts up to our cars and accept's the brembo caliper but I don't know any other details on what is needed to do that swap.

fuel

Quoting BENE38A:
Im in the process of installing the rears using the racefab kit, basically you cut off the old mounting points and weld on a new bracket and you get a template to modify the evo handbrake assembly to bolt to the trailing arm plus all the bolts and spacers needed. Msg Rob at racefab, easiest contact is on facebook.
I believe there is a trailing arm from a later model magna or something that bolts up to our cars and accept's the brembo caliper but I don't know any other details on what is needed to do that swap.

1st gen AWD Diamante. Same shape Magna is beam rear axle and next shape has multi link suspension like the 2G DSM/7&8G Galants

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts