GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » 89 dodge colt vista, G63B engine
Previous thread Next thread

89 dodge colt vista, G63B engine

tacolibre
Smooth Plunger
15/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1209841 posted 06/10/15 05:20 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
So, i just got a very clean 89 Dodge colt vista for basically nothing but it has a blown motor (hole in the block). I see these motors left and right(at junk yards) but because of my galant having a "less" blown motor, I now have 2 donor 4g63t 6 bolt motors. My question is regarding the interchangeability of these two engines. is it possible to do a full engine swap? motor mounts, fuel, engine management go? Are the blocks interchangeable, heads? Curious what i can do to get this thing to be a runner. Very clean vehicle.

I like buying things that are broken for way too much money because they have "potential"

Posts: 36 | From: Cheney, wa | Member Since: 12/21/12 | IP: (174.125.98.140) | Report this post to a Moderator

fuel
"Just to be pedantic!"

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1209870 posted 06/11/15 05:34 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
A G63B engine is just the earlier naming convention of the 4G63. It will be the SOHC 8V 6-bolt variant, the same of which is found in the base 89-93 Galants in the US, along with the Mitsubishi Cordia (if you can find one). You could essentially bolt in the 4G63t up to the existing transmission using the original G63B's flywheel or flex plate. Lower block engine mounts will attach to the same point on the 4G63t block however I am unsure if the upper 4G63t L shape timing belt end bracket will work with the Colt body mount. Maybe you could cut up both the 4G63t and G63B mounts and weld together a solution.

'91 E39A Galant VR-4 Evolution | '80 A164A Eterna GSR Turbo

-- Visit my JDM Galant VR-4 info & specifications site here! --

Posts: 2161 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Member Since: 02/23/09 | IP: (85.133.79.201) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 1144

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.039 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page