The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

89 dodge colt vista, G63B engine

tacolibre

So, i just got a very clean 89 Dodge colt vista for basically nothing but it has a blown motor (hole in the block). I see these motors left and right(at junk yards) but because of my galant having a "less" blown motor, I now have 2 donor 4g63t 6 bolt motors. My question is regarding the interchangeability of these two engines. is it possible to do a full engine swap? motor mounts, fuel, engine management go? Are the blocks interchangeable, heads? Curious what i can do to get this thing to be a runner. Very clean vehicle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

fuel

A G63B engine is just the earlier naming convention of the 4G63. It will be the SOHC 8V 6-bolt variant, the same of which is found in the base 89-93 Galants in the US, along with the Mitsubishi Cordia (if you can find one). You could essentially bolt in the 4G63t up to the existing transmission using the original G63B's flywheel or flex plate. Lower block engine mounts will attach to the same point on the 4G63t block however I am unsure if the upper 4G63t L shape timing belt end bracket will work with the Colt body mount. Maybe you could cut up both the 4G63t and G63B mounts and weld together a solution.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts