The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

T3 manifold options?

Yao

Okay, I am getting a little antsy about putting on the T3 that I have for over 5 years lol, what are some good T3 exhaust manifold option that you guys recommend? I kind of like the Treadstone Performance 4G63 Cast Turbo Manifold M121, any experience? ideas? thx

KiNgMaRtY

Reliability wise, I have heard good things about the Turbonetics Cast T3 manifold. Not sure about fitment of the wg on a gvr4 though.

diambo4life

DSM Punishment Racing header fits great but you can't run the stock radiator. I see problems with that turbine housing outlet in case you are running a factory location downpipe and alternator.

Last edited:

89Patches

I can't think of any off the shelf T3 manifolds that will fit with the stock radiator. You could ditch the T3 housing and get the FP bolt on housing with O2 housing. Even with the bolt on housing it will be a big improvement over that 16G of yours!

brisvr4

I ran an ERL on mine with a pte6262 and it JUST cleared the alloy radiator.
There is NO WAY to run a rear mounted fan though so if you still have aircon it's a no go.

Yao

I wanted t3, because there would be more turbo selection/vendor selection as well as better pricing then keep going back to FP. Want Cast manifold, because I don't want to deal with cracks and I want durability for DD, looking to do the manifold/down pipe and external gate as versatile as I can. For example, here is my T4 setup for my GSX, but I want it in T3.....

MDK87

I've got two 12" fans behind my 2 core alloy radiator using a Turbonetics manifold.
Mine has also had the T3 and head flanges angle milled to bring the turbo further out. (Compressor cover fouling on block).
You'd have even greater clearance with a non-modified Turbonetics manifold.

Last edited:

Yao

Okay, I've ordered the Treadstone Manifold, which is a copy of Turbonetics with higher NI content and lifetime warranty. Next up 34 or 38mm external wastegate, any suggestions? what are some of the most compact ones out there? i

I've scored my self this:

think I'll just cut off the 4 bolt flange and weld on a vband to match up the turbo for easy hookup/release.

Last edited:

Yao

okay, looking at all the 38mm including turbosmart, tial, and Synapse 40mm. Any thoughts? I am tempted to try Synapse, but I've read some horror stories on how it's make in china and fails after 1 year. Turbo smart is suppose to be the most compact here, are they made in US?. Tial is proven and made in us.

ApexHunter

Don't know about the Synapse. TiAL quality is good. I've had Turbosmart stuff, quality is really good. Australian company, but these day manufacturing could take place anywhere, or the source of the materials anyway. Either way Turbosmart stuff is really nice. I have their CompGate 40. Very compact, as the name would imply.

Yao

Okay, received it today! looks good, however, there is some imperfections from casting, also the first thing I notice is the weight of this thing, roughly 16lbs!! everything looks beefy, the thinnest part of the manifold is where they make the upper indentation for the mounting studs, if it would ever crack, I suspect it would be there. Here is some pics, looks like it's gonna be a tight fit! lol

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Tight fit? I see your problem, trying to install two manifolds at the same time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

biglady112

We had to machine a 10* angle into the flange of that manifold to clear an hx35 with the stock holset housing. That is what it took to clear the block. Aside from that, that is all we had to do to make it work. We just left the casting imperfections and gasket matched the ports. The outlet was really bad actually. Not in the right spot and funky shaped. An hour or so and it was good enough to run. We have minimal run time as our hx35 was bad but, should have it running again soon with a smaller hy35. So far so good though.

G

Staff member
Yao, that mani looks like hot garbage. I can't believe your going to mount that nice turbo to that. Also what's with all the hackery going on in your engine bay bro?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts