The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hot car dies and won't turn over

alik

Once it cools down, it fires without an issue, but hot...
Car has other multiple issues, vacuum leak, CEL, hole in the exhaust, idle surge.
God help me with this car. :/

prove_it

Ok, you have other concerns listed. First get the code for the CEL. Start with that. No reason to blindly throw parts at it.

So it gets hot, then dies, and won't crank to start? That's how I read the title. Or does it crank but no start?

If you want to get help, be more specific and don't throw up a post that's vague and rushed and expect someone to magically know what's wrong.

alik

Thanks, bud.

Not panicking or wailing for help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Just exasperated.

I'll get the CEL code.

prove_it

Oh we've all been there. Finicky lil cars.

Gtpdz

Check if your cooling system works, check if your fan kicks in while idle, get a DSM logging cable and actually look at your water temp.

prove_it

It's been 10 days, either it's fixed, or he gave up.

alik

Lol, haven't given up, just haven't had a chance to read the CEL

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned