The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SD galant ecmlink v3

Typhoonguy

So recently i had my galant dyno tuned at a local speed shop. Very happy with the performance, but.... There is an issue i am having. Any time while i am cruising an i lightly press the accelerator 2-4%tps my lc-1 will go way lean real fast the engine will sputter. I will then press the pedal a little harder an after doing that my wb will read correctly an vehicle will accelerate normal. So the man i am i want to fix it myself an really dont feel like taking another day off of work to bring this car back down to my dyno guy. I have read an read again that my issue is more likely in the throttletipinADJ table in ecmlink. I guess my question is where on that slider would i adjust for very slight throttle apply? From what i see there are 5 yellow dots on the screen, the furtherst left dot is reall high an the rest fallow down. I just dont know which yellow dot to move to fix my issue. Thanks for the help in advance guys
Steve

4thStroke

Does it do this at any cruising RPM?

For the tip in adjustment, I believe you need to log delta (you know... the triangle thing) TPS and adjust the tip in table according to the value it gives you when the car sputters.

Last edited:

Typhoonguy

Mostly it does this in between gears, 1-2, 2-3 ect. I will notice my WB go lean as it should. But as far as it going rich again it tends to hesitate (it likes 15.5ish) an then as i press the throttle slightly harder (45ish%) she will drop airfuels like a rock the sputtering will end an i will be on my way. Anytime throttle is past 40% i do not get the sputtering
Steve

Typhoonguy

I also tried logging the delta thing. But when i did nothing comes up on the graph. It just reads 0.0 the entire time? I tried to figure out how to log it but couldnt

4thStroke

Disable airflow smoothing if its not already.

Check out the ecmlink wiki, this should help at least some. =tip t=_blank]click

As far as delta TPS not showing a number while you blip the throttle, I can't add to that, I'm at just as much of a loss as you are.

Typhoonguy

Yeah you an me both then sir.. Lol i figured throttle position was throttle position. An when i tryed to log tpsdelta an it did nothing i was at a tottal loss. An yes airflow smoothing is disabled. Maybe i will just mess with the dots (settings) a little bit. Eh whats the worst that can happen.. Thanks for the input 4thstroke
Steve

4thStroke

You added delta TPS to the captured values list and then added it to the displayed values list, correct? They're two different functions/steps, so if delta TPS didn't show on the log at all, the second step probably didn't take place.

My car ran perfectly fine when my TPS sensor wasn't working and read "0" 100% of the time, so that was my reason for asking.

Typhoonguy

I think i did all that correctly? I can see it on the graph at the bottom of the screen, but when i go to start a capture it just sits at 0.0 so im not sure what its deal is..

4thStroke

You're best bet would be to post a log on the ecmlink forums. I wouldn't say anything about a shop tuning the car, as there are a lot of snobs on there that'll just critique the tune more so than actually help.

Typhoonguy

The injectors im using are 850's i know i have to go much bigger but these seem to do the job for now.. An thanks 4thstroke for the heads up. I will post a log on the ecmlink forum an see what they say. I will make sure to keep my lips sealed about the shop tune..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned