The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

[Resolved] Hazards & Turn Signals Not Working After Clutch Pedal Install

KiNgMaRtY

I'm am stumped. I had my clutch pedal rebuilt. I put it back in and hooked up all the harnesses. My turn signals nor hazards will work. No blinking or anything. The high beams turn on along with the headlights so the lever must be connected. I checked the 10 fuse under the dash and tested it with the volt meter and it's good. Swapped it out for another and nothing. I took apart lower dash cover and steering coulomb cover to see if I notice anything disconnected but I don't see anything. I unhooked all the harnesses and took the turbo timer out to take it out of the equation an hooked it all back up and still no go.

Any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Last edited:

KiNgMaRtY

This is the only connection I could not find anything else to hook up too. It's near the clutch pedal switch and the connector that goes to the clutch pedal

Last edited:

galant651

try pressing the hazard flasher again. its kinda weird but mine did that about a month ago. i accidently pressed the hazard switch and none of the turn signals worked, pressed it again and everything worked fine.

KiNgMaRtY

I pressed it multiple times and even swapped it out for another one that I have and nothing. Maybe I forgot to connect something or something else came loose I put everything back in?

galant651

next you'll have to check power in and power out of the multifunction switch, ( headlamp and turn signal switch) your headlights work on a completely different switch, just same assembly. so check power in and out of switch and go from there.

KiNgMaRtY

After hours and hours of diagnosing, thankfully, I found my issue and it was an easy fix. One of the wires coming from the back end of the wire harness that connects to the hazard/relay flasher box near the fusebox have been snipped and separated. It must have happened when I was pulling the pedal out and it caught it. Since its really not easily visible it took some time to track down the issue. I went through the wiring diagrams as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned