The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant vr4 wont turnover

jduke0308

Cant figure this out. It wont start or even turnover, I pulled the starter and got it tested, came back fine. Got a new battery still nothing. Even replaced my fuel pump and CAS with a black top with nothing remedying the problem. Let me give you guys some back round on the car and the situation in which the car died and would never start again. About a month and a half ago I was driving in rush hour traffic of course and all of a sudden when I'm rolling at 60mph the car just cuts off no power and wont start. now before that for about 3 months before that I got my caps replaced because they were leaking, also got a new knock sensor. After that the car would have a hard time starting but ALWAYS started no matter what. Now after all that it still wont even turnover just one click nothing else. All other electronics work in the car which I could care less about I just want the damn thing running again. Daily driving my 240sx is hell, its meant for the track not aging Colorado roads lol so please any help is much appreciated!

James

How much power is no power? Does your clock work? Does the radio work? If you have nothing at all I would say check your wiring around the battery/to the starter. A loose ground could cause that.

rdomeck

Can you turn your engine over with a wrench? Is your battery charged? You could run a wire from your trigger on the starter and touch it to your hot wire on the battery to eliminate any issues with wiring in the car!

jduke0308

Quoting James:
How much power is no power? Does your clock work? Does the radio work? If you have nothing at all I would say check your wiring around the battery/to the starter. A loose ground could cause that.

All electronics work I can play my radio, all lights come on in and out.

jduke0308

Quoting rdomeck:
Can you turn your engine over with a wrench? Is your battery charged? You could run a wire from your trigger on the starter and touch it to your hot wire on the battery to eliminate any issues with wiring in the car!

Battery is charged, havent tried turning it over with s wrench yet but i will give it a try tomorrow.

Wizardawd

Quoting rdomeck:

That was my guess, either timing belt jumped or balance shaft siezed keeping the motor from turning. I would definately see if the motor will even turn by hand first. 1/2" drive extension/ratchet thru the driver's wheel well and try to turn it clockwise.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned