The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fp3065 water line help

talontyme

Hey Guy's looking for a little insight here.I have a fp3065 Bb Turbo
that I have been fighting with to fit my vr4 for a couple of months now,at this point I'm stuck at the water line's has anyone else used this Turbo and what water lines/waterpipe combo was used please help I'm bout sick of it
and thinking of swapping to a borg at this point.

Thinking of swapping turbos just because of water line fitment? Why not just buy some -6 a/n fittings and lines. I dont have pics of mine but thats what I did for feed and return.

citymunky

I have about 30 feet of -6 hose. You can have some for cheap.

gramkrakr89

I'll trade you a Garrett 60-1 with a bullseye power direct bolt-on turbine housing!

No water cooling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

(Of course, it'll need a new center section soon, though - let me know if you're interested) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1badgvr4

Just take the turbo to any fitting place and get barb fittings and use push loc hose

DynastyLCD

i run a 3052. same style cartridge. if you wanted to do this on the cheap, you could do what i did: the stock hard line, which feeds coolant from the water pipe in front of the engine to the turbo, cut this right about an inch after it begins to bend. now take the other half, and cut it so its just a straight piece. now use 5/16" heater hose to fill the void, and double clamp it. i recommend using -6 SS line if you can for the heat shielding aspect. then, for the other line, simply take the other stock line and cut it to use it as a fitting again, and make a line with the 5/16". my friend did this without going through all this hassle - he did this on a 7 bolt setup using 2g coolant lines with some minor bending, IIRC. the stock banjo bolts and washers work just fine. just be creative, and use what you've got.

turbowop

Old pic, but this is what I did:

SS line from the water pipe to the front of the turbo, stock line coming off the back massaged to fit.

talontyme

Quoting Smitty1457:
Thinking of swapping turbos just because of water line fitment? Why not just buy some -6 a/n fittings and lines. I dont have pics of mine but thats what I did for feed and return.

I tried an's(-8)'s but failed not enough room to run them,I'm not going to give up just getting frustrated that the gvr4 is a little tougher to build than a Dsm I just need to man up!

talontyme

Quoting gramkrakr89:
I'll trade you a Garrett 60-1 with a bullseye power direct bolt-on turbine housing!

No water cooling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

(Of course, it'll need a new center section soon, though - let me know if you're interested) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ill keep that in mind LOL.

citymunky

Quoting talontyme:
Quoting Smitty1457:

I tried an's(-8)'s but failed not enough room to run them,I'm not going to give up just getting frustrated that the gvr4 is a little tougher to build than a Dsm I just need to man up!

-8 AN for a water turbo hose? That's too big, my oil cooler from my old car used -8 hoses.LOL

I would try -6 or -5. I have both sizes in the garage.

mitsuturbo

You could try doing what i did...

That's a -6 AN line with a 45° and a straight fitting.
Water pipe adapter fitting is M14x1.5 to 6AN
Turbo adapter fitting is M12x1.5 to 6AN

Last edited:

curtis

One of the after market shops sells a garrett gt ball bearing water cooler line fitting kit. There bango with barbs comes with bolts, copper rings and the fitting itself. Just do a google search and I'm sure they will pop up.

talontyme

I got the kit that fp sells but they were for -8 line

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts