The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

pissing oil

so the other day i saw a ton of oil on the garage floor and i noticed oil in the 3rd and 4th spark plug, but i cleaned it out and replaced the valve cover gasket and the rings around the spark plugs. So i thought that was the issue, i guess not, and yes i torqued down the bolts and its not leaking through the valve cover. it seems to be coming from the driver side and its obviously getting on my belts because they are squeeking, any ideas?

Lancer99

Headgasket maybe the first thing depending when it was last replaced. Second thought would be the Cam Gear gaskets but if the spark plugs still oil on them I would think headgasket but you would be loosing pressure in the cylinder(s).

Lancer99

O wait you said #'s 3 and 4 but 3 and 4 cylinders are next to the transmission so more towards the middle of the engine. But it could still be the headgasket or rear main seal.

AnotherNewb

Cam seals? Have you deleted your bs? How is the hole in the front shaft plugged? Did you remember to put a bolt back into the bs tensioner pulley? Does your dip stick appear to be blown out of the tube a little? Oil on the hood insulation? Not really am answer.

im not to sure but i know that their is oil getting on my hood, and i see no holes in any hoses...i really hope its not head gasket

AnotherNewb

Is the oil a line above the timing belt or is it a splash by the dip stick. Make sure your dip stick is fully seated and go for a drive. If its moved up at all afterwards replace your pcv with an oem one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts