The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DailyDSM (Tim)

toybreaker

iconoclast
Tim is as good as word, and then some. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

I left Colorado knowing I was going to need a little help with a car in Torrance, California.

Time was of the essence, because the car was impounded, and the owner was leaving state.

Tim and I had been replying to the same thread on the subject, and so I exchanged a few pm's with him on the matter.

After talking to him on the phone, I realised he was a very savvy, and resourcefull young man.

He had found the car, and even researched the total cost of the tow, storage fees and paperwork. He even made some calls to see about getting temporary storage/workspace arranged for the car.

The original plan "a" was to help the owner get the car operational enough for the car to make the move with him, and Tim was willing to give up several days to a motor swap during the holidays.

It turns out the the owner just didn't have the time or energy to retrieve the car, do a motor swap and still do all the other things that he had to do before leaving town, and just wanted the car to go to a good home.

So, it was time for plan "b".

Pay the tow/storage fees, put the car in storage, and then come back and do the swap when I had more time, and everything that could have possibly been needed to get the highly modified car sorted out and roadworthy enough to make it out of state.

Further invesigation determined the cost for getting the car released, securing storage and making another run out to get it swapped and sorted was waaaay more than could be justified.

This meant that I had to figure out a plan "c" that didn't involve doing a swap, and the car leaving California under it's own power

I foolishly decided I could pull it back with my little toyota 4x4 pickup... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

In the dead of winter with snow falling across the whole western U.S...

Ill advised to say the least.... (...the things we'll do to save one of these cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif )

When I arrived in Torrance at 8a.m. (christmas eve day), things didn't go according to plan "c" either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

It was quite late in the day by the time the owner and I got the paperwork straightened out and the car released from the impound.

In addition, the additional cost of the tow equipment put the operation in serious jepoardy of running out of cash. (Remember this was Christmas Eve, so no banks were open)

Tim generously reached into his own pocket, and advanced the cause by robbing money from his mod fund/parts budget for his other project car.

Mind you, this is Christmas eve.

He took the time out to wire money up to me so I could get on the road Christmas day.

Because of his generosity, I was able to take a different, less direct route across the desert instead of straight back thru the mountains.

I was also able afford the luxury of a motel room in Flagstaff when the weather closed in.

All the wreckage and carnage I saw on the way out of town the next day conviced me it was the right choice.

Tim, I'm forever in your debt, and will endevour to get even with you somehow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jogalant

Just concluded what I would consider a relatively high dollar transaction with Tim and he came through with flying colors. He delivered the goods just as he described them, packaged them in a way that would shame some professional packers, and kept me in the loop from start to finish. From my experience, whether your buying from or selling to Tim, don't hesitate. Thanks, man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

ApexHunter

I had the privilege of meeting Tim yesterday to purchase some parts. Tim's a cool dude. We stood around and BS'd for a while and i was reminded of why this board (and its members) are some of the best around.

The parts were all in the condition described (if not better). He had some other cool stuff laying around too- a mechanical boost gauge that he gave me a good price on, and a couple items he just threw in for free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif. I walked away so stoked. Thanks Tim!!!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts