The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 AWD Mitsubishi Expo 4 door. Kent, WA $500

grocery_getter

I've been using this expo as the shop vehicle. Its AT and its AWD. Tranny, TC and rear end has fresh fluid change a couple months back. The AT filter was changed along with the fluid as well.

Since this is the shop vehicle, looks isn't priority. The expo has a good share of paint peel, surface rust and etc. The hood is buckled because the PO forgot to latch it good before taking the car onto the freeway. It can still closed tight right now so I have no inclination to fix it yet. The windshield has been replaced so no cracked windshield. The passenger front seatbelt has failed to retract and the middle seat and the third row seat has been removed.

It is a basic shop car for me to jump in and go run errand from machine shop and suppliers etc. Have new speakers and a JVC CD player the PO installed in there. Roll up window and manual door lock. Like I said, nothing fancy. Imagine an AWD box van with only 2 front seats, that's it. There is plenty of room (I never measured it but maybe about 6-7 ft?) behind the 2 front seats all the way to the rear lift gate.

I was driving this for about 2 years I think with regular oil change a being a good part of it. The problem right now is that it starts burning oil and won't pass emmision. I think the ring is finally toast. Not bad, it lasted for 200,000 miles! Obviously the motor will need to be overhauled or have a turbocharged 4G64 or 4G63 thrown in it. I don't have the time for side project like this anymore. So I opted to just get some other vehicle for a shop car.

So this expo is ready to go. I have some pictures that I am going to load up here later, have to find them first. It is a clean car inside the passenger compartment and under the hood, just the sheet metal is not pretty anymore. Also have a bunch of brand new parts to go with the car: waterpump, thermostat, timing belt kit and valve cover gasket set. Bought to do maintenance but never got to do it. You can have the brand new parts as well.

Call me if you want to talk about the car - 206-334-0917

Andre

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts