GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Marketplace » Cars For Sale » FS: 1989 Plymouth Colt Turbo C53A Ottawa, ONT, CA $6K
Previous thread Next thread

FS: 1989 Plymouth Colt Turbo C53A Ottawa, ONT, CA $6K

FlyingEagle Galant VR4.org Moderator
Eager Beaver

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 947125 posted 11/07/10 06:47 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I normally live over at 4g61t.org, and help run the site. Some users know me here too, just have not been around as much lately. Copied this over, so please let me know if there are any issues, trying to follow the guidelines posted in the for sale forum.

Apartment life does not have it's perks when it comes to extra vehicles. Looking to see if there is a competent user here, whether they be in Canada (easiest) or the US (paperwork involved in border crossing the car permanently), to sell the car to.

Asking 6k <- Realistically, no need to call me on this, as this is my asking price, I've spent over 2.5/3K just this season on it, probably 3K in last 2 years. Car was acquired for 2.5K originally. Bumper from France alone cost me pennies shy of 1K with all the extra parts in tow. This will be sold if someone comes in with a good enough deal.

Feeler thread.

The goods:

1989 Plymouth Colt C53A acquired 2004/5 near 182,000 km's and now sits somewhere up near 195k?

One owner car before purchased. Lived in Ontario it's whole life.
PO and his family were/are members here still I believe. I've kept the car in good hands so far, and would ideally see it changes to another set of good hands. I have 120-130 of these cars catalogued in the VIN REGISTRY that I run, out of the roughly 1500 cars that saw North American shoes in 1989.

Passed Ontario Emissions standards summer 2010 - tested as Hod Rod due to 2.0l block installed
Will have to find out of new owner will have to be put through another test for ownership transfer as the test is less than 1 year old, but I am a certified emission tester and I am sure we can get the car passed through again.

Spare parts:
Original 4g61t motor - complete, no factory turbo or manifold, in pieces and crank already polished and flywheel machined.
ARP headstuds for 6 bolt
New head gasket from Hyundai for a 4g61
Original KM210 transmission - 2/3 syncros grind at high rpm gear shifts, no issues and clean fluid always run through it
Full set of axles left and right, 1 stock, 1 aftermarket - 1 needs boot
4g63t cylinder head with stock valve train - came from motor that was in last car the new motor is in
450cc injectors, 2x fuel rails DSM, injector seals
3G lifters - less than 2k on them
AWD starter
Tons of stock air piping for intercooler and turbo setups - 1 full VR4 setup in there too
EVO 8 exhaust valves ground and ready to install (x8)
Stock 4g63t intake valves - back cut and polished (x8)
Turbo cluster - 240 KMH and 9K RPM - has Australian internals but does read MPH on face
GTi/JDM Dark Green front bumper and support bar - requires mount bracketry, has headlamp washer system and pump - you rewire, landed from France
HKS 264/272 Intake and Exhaust camshafts - fresh out of an 8K US motor down at RRE
Walbro 255 LPH pump w/sock - sitting since pulled from a setup run for just 30 minutes
JDM dual runner intake manifold - painted VHT super wrinkle coat black with red lettering, spare wiring and all vacuum accessories
Rear brake rotor dust shields from Australia - rust free and OEM black
Spare seat covers full set for front, no rear, torn and somewhat dirty but perfect for tear repair etc
JDM reconditioned silver wheels in rough shape cosmetically - 6.5/15" with Mitsu center caps, has 205 55 15 Herc's require replacement
Aeromotive AFPR A1000 - need on adapter to fit rubber line to stock return, comes with fluid filled gauge
DSM FWD H&R drop springs 1.6" front and rear (rears installed on car right now)
Uncracked matching color dash pad cover - came over from France
Full set of turbo C53a metal mounts with red Urethane bushings

Full set of FSM's manuals - Greens, Blacks, Reds for 89 Colt turbo, non turbo, Vista, etc 89-91/92
Backup sheet of what is chipped on the 90 Eprom
GVR4 press release booklet with brochures, microfiche <- lol, and black and white photos of a demo car

Installed as of now:
1G 6 bolt 4g63t Japanese crate motor - all emissions installed and functional, running Mobil 1 5w30 Full Synthetic changed every 2k or less
NEW OEM dipstick
264 regrind camshafts by SP (some local Ontarian that ground up some cams a few years back) with shimmed lifters
14b - cracking exhaust housing - still making/holding boost but will need replacement in due time
Ported 02 housing
Rewired fuel pump - fuse in engine bay
2.5" exhaust system / Ractive single SS polished tip at rear
NEW 2.5" Magnaflow Car Sound catalytic converter
M&S Recycling (Jon Reimer) customer FMIC - Starion core, short route, piping matches 2G TB elbow
Keydiver setup 90 Eprom running tons of internal mods - Stage 3 essentially
2G MAS
Yoshi FAB front upper strut mount bar
4 corner KYB silver struts - none leaking, rear newer
B&G lowering springs for Colt/Summit 1.5" drop (installed at front, boxed up not on rear DSM FWD H&R installed at rear)
KM210 from colt turbo out of the US - running 50/50 Syncromesh and 75-80/90 diff fluids
NEW DSM FWD ACT 2100 New design clutch with pressure plate 225 mm up from 215 mm stock
NEW Fidanza light weight aluminum flywheel with 7gte bolts to crank 8.2 lbs as listed on site
NEW OEM clutch slave and master cylinders, SS braided clutch line
Australian Grey/White face gauge cluster - original odometer transferred over - NO MPH MARKINGS!!!!
Custom gauge cluster - PVC, Fibreglass and bondo painted roll cage black - mounts on steering wheel top cover
5 Defi Racer Blue gauges EGT, ECT, BOOST, VOLT, OIL PRESSURE - all gauges wired and operational - need to install EGT bung
NEW Battery relocated to trunk in Taylor Stainless vented box mounted with 1" square tubing and threaded rod to frame - 2-4 AWG wiring installed - no voltage sag !!!!
NEW larger battery in trunk, will also include 1 smaller but proper sized and matched unit for this car - Eliminator from Canadian tire
Pioneer CD 45x4 head unit driving amps in trunk Via RCA output
3 amps in trunk - 1 10" sub
NEW 195 65 14" tires on factory Vette style rims with center caps
NEW GVR4 Mitsu OEM front brake hoses, rear brake hoses white box in a box
NEW inner steering rack tie rods - sent from Australia - hope these fit, were for this application according to sender
Sunroof conversion -appears similar to other units installed in US by dealers - resealed by me at one point
NEW ACC carpetting - dark grey so not dark silver as original - enough spare material to make floor mats to match, or almost another floor pan
Restitched front seats and washed covers - fishing line repair and foam repair on side lower bolsters
Door cards do not have speaker cut outs but they are in the door itself - junk yard replacements, matching color
Shifter boot now has new cover, with red sections of leather - black red combination
Kid seat tether bolt added at center tailgate location - easily removable
Cruise control system in full duplicate and 2 ECU's to match, system will not engage, so bought alot to fix it with but never diagnosed it - could be a simple repair but I covered all the bases - not the vacuum hose setup like a DSM

Bosch factory plug in alarm unit of some sort - cannot find any reference to it on the internet. Never had a problem with it, but this means it is old I assume.

Best parts of the car:

Great pickup with the 14b, both down low and highway
Chipped for 91 but run 94 Sunoco octane 90% of the time
Flushed all brake fluids this spring
Dash pad has 1 tiny crack in it - spare listed as well
Looks good, sits low, sounds mean, lots of undercoating on the carriage and other spots - saved all spots other than those listed from surface rust

The things I would consider TLC to get the car 100 %:

Wide Band 02 sensor and control unit
1 rear park brake cable - got tight and was sticking - disconnected in cabin, I leave it in gear
90 Eprom with no damage to circuit board - this one was resurrected years ago now by Jeff
2 front calipers - top pins are tight - hard to source here
Inner tie rod ends -supplied
Muffler finally has a hole in it - sounds good though .....
Rust at wiper arm hole, rear wheel wells, front fenders, RF strut tower to side fender frame area - only real spot that will require a good patch
It would appear the PO tried to take the rear struts out without getting the rear axle far enough down - dings on inside of LR fender
1 "Daewoo Leganza green" mirror housing - saved from an original GT out of the southern US states
Leak at front windshield under heavier rains when parked uphill - reason I tore out the carpet and rust prepped the floor - suspect small hole
Dent on front hood pictured, appears that PO had someones ass planted there - not rusted, just looks humourous

Just about every bolt has been removed, cleaned, replaced or otherwise cared from while the car was down for pretty much 2 overhauls.
Brake system such as rotors, pads, bearings all changed 2006 except rear bearings.
Folder with every single receipt, emission test, etc, for everything that has been worked for this car. All work performed by myself except catalytic installation done at local muffler shop. I built this car to be safe and comfortable and it is. I daily drive but have avoided that recently, for I am back in school and will have to endure four out of the next six months on unemployment due to apprenticeship training at the local college. I write my license shortly after and get some grant money hopefully, but rent went up by a factory of two, and I have a son to spent my best time with anyways. I've obviously done all the hard work for the new owner, they just need to show up with a trailer, or a way of driving it back home.
Car is under the radar for most insurance companies due to limited numbers, only the crash rating ups is a little in it's class. Most people should be able to insure this for pennies if they have a clean driving record, and no accidents.

Members thread here for more:

click

More pictures here too:
click

More pictures to seriously interested buyers or as time allows.

Car and all parts will go in one shot deal. Will try to for more and pics and a running video off the Iphone4 when I can. Car is locked up over the weekends.

I will still have a car to drive and keep my little one safe with:

2001 Buick Regal GS Supercharged <- needs a new set of snow tires.

Edited by FlyingEagle (11/07/10 07:13 PM)

Posts: 1635 | From: THE Ottawa | Member Since: 03/05/05 | IP: (174.115.238.78) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  4orced4door, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, jnava, iceman69510, pot 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3158

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.065 seconds in which 0.022 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page