The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS:SOLD 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD manual !!SOLD!! Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivestardsm

I just put this car together a couple weeks ago, and I need to sell it quickly. I am Asking $2200 obo.

I bought the car around 8 years ago, and the motor had a bad timing job done on it. So I had picked up another car that was in an accident that had a good running motor in it. Basically I just did a straight up swap. Both cars were 90's, so how much easier could it be!

I don't know much about the history of the motor, but from inspecting it, I can tell that it had recently had a bit of work done to it. I found a newer timing belt, balance shaft belt, water pump, and seals that had all recently been put on it. The Oil pressure carries Very well, which I can only assume means a new oil pump, But I can not prove this.

The transmission shifts just like any other DSM, there are no grinds that I have noticed, but it is a little notchy. I Only put standard gear oil in it, so it could probably use some good quality lube instead to get rid of the notchiness. The clutch was replaced, and didn't have many miles on it at all. It had been replaced sometime before it was parked, and also had a resurfaced flywheel. Again, I can not verify any of the mileages on any of it.

The Tires are the only real issue. Since they have been on the car for 8+ years, so they have gotten a little hard, and they have weather checks in them. They cause a vibration, but again, this is only because of the tires.

The body is in fair shape, it does have a few spots of DSM rust on it though. The switches in the bottom corners of the doors have rust around them, and the dr. front fender has the typical rust at the bumper area. The rear of the car had some body work on it, and you can see the sand marks in the paint. The sail panels are a little fadded, but look alright with a fresh coat of wax.

Ovewrall, the paint dosent look to bad actually. The A/C dosen't work, but hey how many 19 year old cars really do. It might actually hold a charge, it does have the r-34 adapter's already on it.
The brakes all work well, and the Drive line has all new U-Joints in it. I'm not positive if the carriers have been replaced, but they feel tight. The low fuel light stays on with a 1/4 tank of gas, but I have never put more than that in it, so it might actually go off if it had more than 5 gallons in it. Everything else seems to be in very good working order.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me either through email, Pm, or cell #.

Thanks, Steve.

[email protected]
(231) 250-5972

Last edited:

CutlassJim

It's rare to see a stock DSM for sale, especially in that good shape, should go fast. GL with the sale.

fivestardsm

Your only a few hours away.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CutlassJim

Quoting DSMGVR4:
If you were closer, I'd buy this week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

How much does a "this week" cost? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

mistaVR4

That looks like a really nice deal for someone! That has to be one of the cleanest looking 90's I've seen in a while. Good luck with the sale man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fivestardsm

I have recived a few emails asking for interior pics, and of the rust area. So here they are. I Just want to make sure everyone knows as much about this as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts