The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1987 Honda crx si,central california,price $7,000 OBO.

READ PLEASE, Before you RE: RE: on the price. Let it be known that there is a BIG following for this generation 84-87 CRX, also the last 4 low mileage (2 were rolled back according to carfax)84-87 crx's sold for ~$4,000 on e-bay in the last 3 months or so, IN LESSER CONDITION THAN MINE, also without the super rare,impossible to find mods/dealer accessories mine has.This is a VERY well known car in the 1st generation crx crowd.

PICTURE DOES NOT REFLECT ITS CURRENT STATUS THESE ARE FROM CRX-PO 2006 (I have better ones but my album is down right now):Since then,coilovers,swaybars,tires,brakes,headers,CF hood,mudflaps,new exhaust,car has now 94K miles..

CAR FULLY PASSES CA SMOG TEST AND HAS CERTIFICATE..

I AM NOT A RICER BOY, I am a 30 year old true enthusiast/lover of these generation Crx's. I've owned them since I was 17 ,from turbo ones, to N/A ones..

WHY BUY A BORING HYBRID? WHEN THIS CAR GETS 38-40+ MPG AND TURNS HEADS DOING IT.
This car gather crowds/questions wherever I go, and has gotten its picture taken several times while I was driving on the freeway

I am the second owner,I bought this car completely stock 3 years ago with 89,000 miles (now has 94K).This is a fully documented,all paperwork since 1987,window sticker,dealer papers etc.. 94K original miles,RIO RED original paint & BLACK interior car. It is a true survivor of the California commuter car status.ALWAYS GARAGED AND COVERED!! paint is shiny as if new and interior is in great condition, no cracks/rips. As for the 20 year old paint, there are some MINOR imperfections, nothing major or would be deemed an "eyesore"

THIS CAR IS NOT STOCK!IT IS A HANDLING MACHINE! But, I have all the original parts to make it stock again. (why would you? As it rides better, handles better,and definitely looks better than stock.)For the must knows, without the cam, full weight,stock clutch, with me a 240Lb driver, it ran a 15.8 @85 on street tires in the 1/4 with a 2.5 60ft.(ran only 1 time) never ran with the cam yet..

You will not know what chase and treasure hunt I had to do to get a-hold of these rare parts.Oscar Jackson (jackson racing) himself,Ed Chang undefeated scca champion, etc.. many high places to get these discontinued items.

This car includes::
RARE dealer accessory reflective panel
RARE dealer accessory rear speaker kit
RARE dealer accessory sunroof wind deflector
RARE dealer accessory floormats
RARE dealer accessory mudflaps (2 sets)
RARE dealer accessory NOSEMASKS (I have both the header panel bra,and the full nose bra) I have never seen these before on any car..both OEM honda
RARE dealer accessory oem honda car cover with carrying case.
^^these parts are priceless as they are no longer made and most I have never seen, yet alone seen for sale

NON-DEALER modifications include:
ENGINE:
NEW DC sports ceramic coated SMOG LEGAL headers (discontinued and rare) were $400+new
NEW NGK plugs and wires
Lightspeed racing intake (rare impossible to find)
WEBCAM #40 grind

Transmission:
stock with newer oem clutch
(see below I have mods not installed for this)

SUSPENSION:
New tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable struts
new ground control coilovers with eibach 350# springs
24.4MM jackson torsion bars (rare hard to find)
lightspeed front strutbar (super rare impossible to find)
lightspeed 22MM rear swaybar (rare discontinued)
mugen 22MM internal swaybar (good luck ever seeing one again)
poly bushings

Brakes:
new lightspeed crossdrilled rotors (impossible to find)
new ceramic pads
goodridge steel braided brake lines all around
dot 4+ fluid fully bled system

Exhaust:
DC sports header
full 2 1/4" piping
NEW magnaflow direct fit high flow catalytic converter
NEW oem stock replacement muffler
(sounds great)

Electronics/stereo
cd/mp3 unit (jvc) may include Soundstream VIR.
OLDSCHOOL Soundstream amps (x2) 1 for subs,1 for components
oldschool Soundstream x-overs (x3)
Soundstream Exact 5" componenets and 1" tweeter
(your choice of subs I have laying around from spare tire subs to 12" subs)
Clifford alarm
keyless entry
both sides power door locks

Exterior
super rare one piece carbon fiber hood with fiberglass skeleton (replaces the hood & front header panel with the "H" sign on it that always cracks on these, makes it as a all- in -one unit.) very limited make 15~20 EVER made. The ONLY one in bay/norcal.$600 when made.
LOCKING hood pins.
tasteful small manufacturer decals on quarter windows and front bumper.(can be removed)

Wheels/tires
REAL MUGEN 15" RG 10.5LB wheels with NEW kumho tires

This car will also come with a truckload of parts I've obtained over the years::
all parts to make stock, hood,headerpanel,struts,springs,stereo,intake tubing, many OEM spares like 2 oem oil filters,fuel filter,oem wiperblades for all the wipers,powdercoated valve cover,2 stock exhaust manifold's , 1 turbo manifold with turbo attached(tco4-9b), turbo piping,intercooler,injectors,Integra ecu,Original 14" alloys with new yokohama's,13" enkie 92's SUPER RARE, spare transmission,RARE dual diaphram pressure plate, blah blah blah blah..etc..etc.. etc.. A WHOLE TRUCKLOAD OF STUFF I may be forgetting some..

This may sound like alot $7,000 OBO, but you cannot duplicate this car yet obtain these parts anymore, and at gas being $3.50 this is a legitimate investment for the adult commuter/collector who enjoys Japanese performance vehicles at their best.

If I make the car stock, sell it, and sell the rare parts I can get $10,000 or more guaranteed. But I would like to keep the car as it is and sell it to a true enthusiast..

Why am I selling???
I am buying a house and I also have my new project the VR-4 to keep me busy.

I'm trying here because maybe someone might want a change.I also am posting here because the 1g Crx site is down lol.

PRICE $7,000 OBO.. May trade??

090PICT342901a.jpg

086PICT342901a.jpg

084PICT342901a.jpg

089PICT342901a.jpg

083PICT342901a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondasi88

try

honda-tech
honda-acura.net
and even some of the crx boards......There is def a strong following for these cars.

Last edited:

blacksheep

you will get lowballed on honda-tech, more cheapasses than this board - but they are young and have an excuse. Ebay is your best bet.

I lub the r3x

Yeah, I'm not even a member nor have I ever been of HondaTech.. I'm a RPR member thats about it. I guess If I can't sell it I will just do the, Make it back to stock, sell it on e-bay,then sell off all the rare parts.. sucks to do though.

Pictures do not do this car justice, It's even cleaner in person.

Craigslist=lowball all day
RPR= broke people,but they know the worth.
GVR4= guys with money,they know the worth of a rare old Jap car,but wont shake the DSM habit.. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

Thanks guys for the info.. I just though maybe someone would say.. "Hey, I need a change" lol..

Sr71sss

yeah your probably better off on ebay or better yet try some local auto-x and shows focusing on "old school" imports since the last show I came from focused on 1958-85 imports. good luck with the sale

NYC86ZC

Nice car, but I highly doubt it'll sell here. I tried trading mine here, but that wasn't going to happen.

I still miss my 87 crx hf converted to si fuel injected wiring, iron sleeved integra block, wiseco rollerwaves, eagle H beams, Turbonetics T3/4 57trim, ZC head, TB, cams, but i don't miss SPINNING THROUGH 4 GEARS!!!!
I love traction. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck.

skivittlerjimb

She's a beaut! I had a Lightspeed and Jackson Racing Catalog ~ 1989 I used to drool over as a high school kid. My '86 Integra and later '87 CRX Si had some of the goodies you have on this car. Unf. the '87 CRX was t-boned in 1999 and parted out. Best and worst part of that car was the original 9-piece Mugen Honda accessory body kit, right down the the "mu" and "gen" japanese character stickers. It looked great, but peeled and chipped if you looked at it funny.

Anyhoo, very best of luck with this sale. These cars, when lowered and properly sprung and with decent tire rubber, can even put Miatas to shame around autox courses. With Yoko A008s on Prelude 14" wheels and a custom rear roll bar designed by a CSP national champion CRX owner and Tokico Illuminas, the car handled telepathically. If a decently prepped IT or CSP or otherwise race prepped 1G CRX came up for sale, I'd consider it. This car you have here is simply to nice to turn in to a track beast.

-Jim B.
280/1000

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned