The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: White '91 #1900 in North Texas plus spare motor, $3000 obo

I guess it got deleted because I failed to list a price when I changed it from a feeler thread.

I know 3000 is a bit steep for this, but the second motor drives the price up a bit and the OBO thing is there as well... I will consider any offers from anyone serious about buying.

For those who have not seen this:

I joined the AF almost 5 years ago and left my GVR4 at my sisters in Texas. I would prefer to just ship it up here and get to work on it but unfortunately I will not be able to for quite some time. I am tired of letting it sit there and receive absolutely no attention so I want to pass it on to someone who wants one. It has been sitting in Texas weather this whole time, so it has accumulated considerable hail damage. Parts that I remember needing replaced are the hood, trunk, drivers doors, drivers fender, side mirror glass and a windsheild. Passenger fender questionable. The roof will need work but somehow the quarter panels, sunroof and rear windsheild were relatively untouched.

Mechanically, the car was in pretty good shape when it got parked and until about Christmas 2005 it was being started and the leather was being conditioned fairly regularly. Not so much since then. It is absolutely stock (plus the "free mods"). It will need new tires and an alignment. The hard brake line to the right rear should be replaced and like any car this old, especially DSM's from my experiences, should have all four rubber brake lines and probably the clutch line replaced.

The interior was in great condition when I left it. The carpet and the seatbelts were faded some, but I have not seen an early nineties Mitsu that this has not happened to. All of the interior has been covered with blankets from the leading edge of the dash to the back of the rear deck. I asked my sister to leave a bar of Irish Spring under the seat to repel rats and such and as far as I know, this request has been fulfilled. The factory radio with EQ is in the trunk and a Civic Si cd player is in the dash.

Cosmetically, the car will need a good deal of work unless you want to rally it...

Mechanically, little work will be needed to get it back on the road.

A spare motor from a junkyard GVR4 goes with the car. This motor is complete with turbo and I am pretty sure the harness is in place as well.

Looks like rust has finally set in on the spoiler mounting pad area and maybe below the tail lamp...
All of the spots on the leather pics are due to a dirty lens. You can see that the passenger side of the windshield and the drivers side mirror are cracked. Then there is all of the hail damage. I don't know what hit the drivers side doors...

Last edited by a moderator:

ken inn

where in texas?

I just found out that there are still four Blizzak snow tires in the garage with the engine. No rims, and three of them are still good. The fourth has an engine on it... So, they go with the car too, if you want them.

atc250r

Staff member
Without pics this thread will be removed again. I'm going to let it slide (for now) since you're in the military but PLEASE get some pics up ASAP.

Thanks.

John

I am calling home daily to get some pics. I keep getting told some are on the way, just that it has been a busy weekend down there with baby showers and other events.

atc250r

Staff member
I won't fool with the post and I'll ask the other mods to do the same.

ken inn

what is the condition of the transmission, xfer, rear diff, stuff like that? what is it's history, is it a texas car?

Thank you, mods for helping me out. Not trying to scam anyone, just having coordination issues back home.

The car drove and shifted smooth and fine and was mechanically sound as mentioned above. The rear brake line was the only real part I can remember needing attention. Looked like the fitting was twisted off when the flex line was replaced and a short hard line was used to replace just the end. All of this is visible in the wheel well. To the best of my knowledge, I am the third owner. The history as far as I can remember (it has been five years since I last gave this car much thought): it was a Carolinas car for years, followed by a short run in Wisconsin for about a year. then I picked it up on ebay and it has been in Texas since early spring of 2002. That is as accurate as I can state right for a history.

The title I have is from Mississippi. I bought it not too long before joining and never got around to titling it until I was in Tech School in Biloxi. The car has never been to Miss with me though.

Finally added pics. All that I posted are all I received. Any other pics you want, ask.

This one is still for sale. I am not determined to get 3k for it. Just want some offers to consider.

Flip4G63

tempting to make an offer.. this car is just a few hours away. its sitting time and dents kinda scare me away though that door deal i'm really not liking. . i would offer 1000.00 just because its gonna need ALOT of work

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts