The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 GVR4 (#627/2000) - Illinois - $5000obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAfrican

I have my car list at the following eBay Link.

Vehicle Description:
My wife and I bought this car back in 1998, and since then it’s been an absolute joy to own and drive. For over five years this has been our primary source of transport. It has served as both a daily driver/family car, and then as a weekend warrior whenever the need arose. And all this with zero issues. In 2004 my wife successfully bracket raced the car all year, running consistent 12.4’s, and then made the 2004 DSM shootout in Norwalk, OH (she came second in the SA class).

Last month I hurt the built engine that was in the car, a plug wire had a tear in it causing me to burn one of the pistons. I then made the decision to replace the broken engine with a good spare one that I had laying on the garage floor and sell it. Despite loving the car to death, I needed to upgrade it to a good reliable SUV – I have a six year old that requires the comfort and reliability of something newer and bigger. The timing seemed right for this upgrade.

Car: 1991 Galant VR4
# 627/2000 – Black/Sunroof – Chicago based
VIN: JA30X56U9MZ011028 (Clean Title)
Mileage: +220K on the body, few scratches and one or two tiny dings on the car (barely noticeable). Interior is in very good condition, leather seats are perfect – zero tears. No idea what the mileage is on the replacement stock motor, except that it does not smoke or drip oil anywhere. Appears to have decent compression (you will need to check that yourself). Timing belt is in very good condition (replaced with the one that was on my built motor).

ENGINE:
- 2.0l 4g63 (Stock motor with decent compression).
- PTE SC61 – less than 2000 miles on it (bought from AURA racing)
- K&N filter
- Al Blaha mas – car has not fuel cut in over 7 years
- DNP tubular equi length header
- tial 44mm Wastegate
- Custom made DP with external dump
- 3” SS turbo back exhaust, with test pipe (drop in catalytic provided for emissions tests)
- Evo8 intercooler with 2.25” intercooler piping
- 1g crushed BOV

DRIVETRAIN:
- Stock Transmission – first gear grinds is rush into gear – otherwise it shifts extremely well
- 2600 ACT clutch – about 1000miles on it
- Stock rear end – never had a problem with the 3-bolt – numerous 1.6 – 1.7 60 foot times on it to show it’s strength

FUEL MANAGEMENT:
- Walbro 255 rewired
- RC 660 cc Injectors
- -6 Braided fuel line with modified stock fuel rail (90-degree line adapter welded onto in-tank assembly)
- modified fuel rail to accept –6 fuel line
- SAFC II
- Manual boost controller
- Bung on exhaust for wideband
- turbo timer (not sure what make)

SUSPENSION/BRAKES:
- Whiteline lowering springs (purchased mid last year)
- New KYB shocks (less than a year old)
- Slotted and drilled rotors (3 – I had to replace the rear passenger side with a stock rotor which got damaged by a seized rotor – still have the damaged rotor if needed)
- 4WS Removed

OTHER:
- New stock radiator (change last November)
- Stock wheels with new tyres (not sure what make)
- Sony CD player with detachable face – MP3 plug in available

CURRENT ISSUES:
1) Aircon does not work – could be a fuse issue, just never had the time to try and fix it
2) Rear passenger tail light is cracked for the last 4 year. I’ve had replacement tail light, but never got around to changing it cause the crack on the current one wasted all that noticable.
3) Rear passenger door has a little rust on it (no visible as it’s on the inside), but I have bought a clean replacement door (exact color) but never got around to installing it.

The body is straight, but it has a few door scratches (no dings) from being parked in paring lots. The rear bumper has some noticeable scratches on it, and the wing has a few two (I have a spare wing which will go with the car). The underside has surface rust like any other older mid-west car. The rear passenger door has a little understand in non-visible place, and for that I purchased a second hand clean door (black - not installed).

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
From the title, I'm guessing $5000. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

steve

The price is in the title, per the forum rules.

SAfrican

And at that price I will throw in a great set of 17 inch Enkei wheels and Yoko Parada's with +80% life on them. Seen here:

Pic1
Pic2

I just hate to see her stand in my driveway, I just want her to go to a good family.

SAfrican

Sold this weekend to a gentleman on this forum. Car will be missed.

yupp i bought the car and yes its staying in illinois...thanxz vernon...the car is runing good!!and will be running better /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif im on board now guys #627/2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts