The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Black GVR-4 # 1680/2000 South Chicago Burbs

boostme

Update Nov 8 - Down pipe gasket has been replaced. I've detailed the car inside. Cleaned windows, door jams, trunk is clean, vacuumed the whole car. Added leather protector and interior protector as well. Shined up real good. Even the shift knob shines like a star.

Well I purchased my 1st GVR-4 to replace my 1G with no A/C and for hauling my 4 kids around. Lost my job earlier in the year and I finally had time to finish the mess.

Original Block popped a freeze plug, Long story short, I swapped a whole different motor.
Before the swap, I tore the engine down.
Holds a rock steady idle, ISC is still there.
New head gasket. ARP head studs torqued to 100 ft. lbs. with ARP lube
Intake Gasket and TBody gaskets.
All new gaskets everywhere. Oil pan and turbo does not leak at all.
I didn't have a downpipe gasket, so I'll admit theres a old one in there. Will replace when I have the gasket

Valve cover does not leak. New cam seals
NGK wires with NGk plugs gapped to .028
New Mopar belt. Save us both headaches and time
New balance shaft belt
You can slide a pin in and out the Tensioner so its perfect tension.
Original cluster has no working back lights. So a unit from Mr Pot was installed but has 192k
A/C is complete and intact. Needs a recharge though
Heater works perfectly good.
Both new E-brake cables with c-clips
Both rear inner axle boots were torn, so Napa brand were fitted
Replaced a rear caliper because the bleeder valve broke
ABS was removed and new front lines (already flared) were installed.
Was missing power steering hose, installed that
4WS was previously removed at some point
Inner tie rods were bent, boots cracked. Replaced that
Outer tie rods were shot. Replaced those. Not sure how I didn't notice during test drive
Trunk didn’t open, was told it did. Replaced cable
Gas door doesn’t pop open, even replaced the cable. Does open with your hand once popped
Slotted and drilled rotors. Brakes have good amount of life left

All lower support bars and gussets are intact.

*ON TO THE GOOD STUFF*
Had a blown, rigged up E3 16G, unfortunately not rebuildable said Mr Justin whitesell.So a good condition 14b was fitted
It is fed off the OFH and has a tee for a gauge. Gauge is installed but doesn’t work. Just found that out. Possible bad sending unit
Ported o2 housing and slightly ported 2G manifold with OEM studs are 14mm not the 12 (edge studs)
2G MAF – has 1G to 2G adapter harness
Decent size FMIC with aluminum piping
Authentic TiAl blow off valve
Chipped ECU - see pics for details on what it has.
Pink top Evo 560cc? injectors. New seals, orings, head insulators
Walbro 255 HP fuel pump
Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Engine has 110k. All stock top to bottom
Trans has double 2nd synchro and was rebuilt according to previous owner
SBR 350 ( Yup been that long I’ve finished a project) which is basically a ACT 2600
Flywheel I believe is a Exedy. Car originally had a Stage 2 Exedy clutch. Its not heavy but not lightened
*All new fluids *
Power steering, clutch fluid, Valvoline 5W30 Synthetic, Valvoline gear oil for Transfer case and rear end. Valvoline trans gear fluid. sh*t even Menards $2 washer fluid good to -20 °F!
Transmission axles seals
Transfer case does not leak.
Battery relocated to the rear with a sealed box. Has a breaker installed
Cruise control was removed, can include it if you ever need it.
93’ Glass headlights with HID's
Headlight adjusters are busted so that's why they are clocked weird
Good, clean title

*BAD*
Rusted driver side fender
Rusty car underneath overall
Needs a proper alignment
Steering rack leaks

I’m trying to be honest as possible. I got screwed pretty bad by the previous young high school owner but hopefully someone can enjoy the car. Body is not perfect, don’t feel bad about the salty roads we have to endure.

Original ad was $4300 so I'm asking the same price. Make me a good offer. I've put my heart and soul into this car, so please keep your negative comments to yourself.

click

Album above

Last edited:

gvr4ever

Do you happen to know what shift knob that is? It's kinda neat looking.

boostme

No I don't know what brand it is.

click

Here's a link to a picture album. All those are from today. I washed and waxed the car. I'm sick and it's getting cold out so I didn't get a chance to get interior pictures.

Any questions, offers? Motivated seller

VR4_1752

Looks like a shift knob from a early 90’s Honda Accord.

boostme

I forgot to add the head has new Valve stem seals as well.

Original album has been updated with all the pics below but separate albums incase someone doesn't want to go thru then again.

Here's a album of when I obtained the car.
click

Blown turbo and no P/S hose, it made a very big mess all over the bay. I tried my best to clean it up with degreaser and rags. I don't have a drain in my garage so couldn't pressure wash the bay with the engine out.

Here's a album of the engine bay

click

Interior

click

boostme

Rusty but it's got potential. Have cams? We can install them. Motor is clean as sh*t. Don't gotta touch it.

Last edited:

boostme

Good news, the transmission itself doesn't leak, it's the pass side axle seal. It is new, but must of messed it up installing is my guess.

So I'll be replacing that.

boostme

The current turbo (14b) is perfect. Builds boost and no shaft play. I have also installed a exh manifold heat shield.

The old 16G, Justin tossed it out. CHRA was beyond repair. I should add pics of the previous owner's "rebuild" skills.

And I'm pretty sure I did install the lightweight Fidanza flywheel. I saw the one that was previously installed around my garage.

Last edited:

maroonmetallic

Any interest in selling the Enkei wheels?

I have some 17s I'd trade plus cash.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts