The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 GVR4 Green, 300k miles. Feeler for whole or parts?

gtluke

Trying to figure out what to do with the car.

Here's my post about finishing my journey and has info on some of the good parts.

Was thinking $3,000 for the car and all my spare parts if it goes whole. It's currently running and driving. Majority of the worth is in the JDM bumpers, fiberglass hood and trunk, AMG grille, 93 lights, JDM fogs

If anyone is interested in a bunch of the body parts I'd consider breaking up the car. I would rather not making the car unmoveable right now. But I'd sell whatever out of it as long as I can still drive it 500ft to get to where a trailer would have to park when the time comes to unload the chassis.

Anyone interested?

DONE
I'm done.
There's only a handful of people left around here from when I started but I bought this car in 2000 with about 110k on it. Ran some 12's around 2005, and it's been my daily driver for 20 god damn years.
I'm done though, it's just too old. I'm now driving a 2005 STI that makes 400whp and has 1/3rd the mileage on it, but I'm not even remotely kidding when I say my galant drives better. It's not as fast, but it DRIVES better. It shifts better, the clutch feels better, it's got a more comfortable ride...

The kicker is at 299985 the external fuse block melted down and I temporarily fixed it, 299994 miles the jackshaft bolts broke AGAIN. I just don't have it in me to drill them out again. I never could figure out why all the drivetrain bolts on this car loosen up no matter what I do. I'm constantly losing x-case bolts, transmission bolts, jackshaft bolts. I clean the threads, locktite, OEM bolts... They keep f'in falling out.

Whatever, I'll miss this car dearly. Anyone need a running and driving parts car? I would have said I'd drive it 500 miles anywhere but I really don't want to fix the jackshaft bolts again. It drives around fine if you take it easy but I'm not going long distance with the jackshaft loose.

i-4KHrg9W-X3.jpg

There's a lot of good mediocre parts on this car.
jdm front and back bumpers with all OEM supports, uncracked JDM facelift fogs, I even have a new end cap in a sealed mitsu parts bag. 93 headlights (one cracked a bit), australian turn signals, and what might be the only real AMG grill in the US? Fiberglass trunk, fiberglass hood (carbon look, badly faded)
trashed EVO 8 seats
EVO MR inverted bilstein struts on tein springs (rides AWESOME)
working real WQNK transmission with 4 spide rdiff and with VCU EVO 1 rear end gears (best mod I've ever done, makes the car feel and drive amazing) and complete spare trans, AND a complete set of internals for a 3rd set.
FMIC, 14b that's pissing oil, 3" exhaust, 2g maf, ECU with keydiver chip and 510 injectors, supra fuel pump
5 lug swap with fwd knuckles for best rack alignment, prothane bushings everywhere (mostly shot)
Rusty chassis, all the sound deadning is removed, seam welded in a lot of places, sunroof removed and glass sealed in place. windshield leaks in the rain
saturn alternator (2nd best mod ever)
no a/c, no abs, no rear wheel steering
manual belts from a 1989
glovebox and under wheel panel from an 1989

About a billion little mods to make the car better, way too many to list out.
Everything is old and worn, and now so am I.
i-ZZzpJXk-X3.jpg

ktmrider

Effing awesome and sad at the same time. If you weren't on the other side of the country we'd be talking.

How long have you been stripped and seam welded? Highly likely this is a big contributor to the "bolt loosening" phenomenon.

GL, hope it finds a good home.

gtluke

Probably 10 years. I honestly can't remember how much of it I did as I did it to my mustang as well. I think I only did it under the interior carpets. I hope i'm not mis remembering and that I didn't actually do it, haha.

turbofonz

How rusty are we talking?

gtluke

I'll get some pictures of the rust when it stops pouring out.

jnava

Staff member
I want it.....pm'd you.

Last edited:

gtluke

Here's the photos of the rust. It actually looks worse in the photos, but obviously it's pretty bad.
That's a whiteline rear sway bar, used to be baby blue. ha
i-XT4kWk8-X3.jpg

i-HkJwrVn-X2.jpg

i-HKx7ft8-X2.jpg

i-ZPpbNp2-X3.jpg

i-zrS5pz7-X2.jpg

i-d2t7XzX-X2.jpg

i-vF6Jgx5-X2.jpg

gtluke

The inside frame rails seem rather fine. The outside structure is bad though. The radiator support seems fine.
All the fuel and brake lines are original, none leak. Gas tank is original, no leaks.
However, the fuel filler hose is wrecked and needs to be replaced. It leaks when you top it off and it's been patched with some intercooler couplers and clamps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i-XKqS4ws-X2.jpg

i-pCTcRLJ-X2.jpg

i-d5GMtt6-X2.jpg

i-5HSMS5r-X2.jpg

i-n4xSt8r-X2.jpg

i-TzpgTd5-X2.jpg

i-vxhfJq8-X2.jpg

i-N7L4bmM-X2.jpg

i-g3fSFqq-X2.jpg

i-rDDMdpZ-X3.jpg

i-GMNQLQG-X3.jpg

i-3j5hNSr-X2.jpg

i-mv6P9xk-X3.jpg

gtluke

Here's a photo gallery for easier viewing. I'll try and get more pics
click

gtluke

Someone buy this car whole so I don't have to part it out.

gtluke

Is that a real question?

gtluke

more pics per request
not holding onto this thing for much longer, act fast!
You can see how the plastic back on the drive side evo seat broke, very common problem. It just has less side bolstering now up by your shoulder.
Electrical system needs to be fixed/fused, its' temporarily patched with an unfused kinda dangerous distribution block.

i-h7bV69X-X2.jpg

i-FdFXQnP-X2.jpg

i-X6d44Vr-X2.jpg

i-jqqxWfG-X2.jpg

i-99tHWtL-X2.jpg

i-42VtS9W-X2.jpg

i-h7bV69X-X2.jpg

i-CZw5NGD-X3.jpg

i-2HghPMC-X3.jpg

i-5j4ndPv-X3.jpg

gtluke

Oh, FD RX7 rims are gone now. It's currently on Lancer Ralliart 16" rims with bald tires.

strokin4dr

Man, I wish I could have picked this up with the FD wheels on it. Is anything else gone from it?
Pic with the lancer wheels?

gtluke

I think I'm going to take off the JDM foglights this week and sell those.
then probably the 1990 glovebox and under dash
I'll keep picking away at things to sell that keep the car driveable. Full partout soon I guess since nobody is interested in the car whole.

This was a while ago
DSC_8960-X3.jpg

thomcasey

Those headlights will sell for a pretty good price too.

gtluke

the hardest parts for me to get were the actual orange turn signals from australia and what is probably the only real AMG grille in the united states, and nobody has even mentioned those yet. heh.
I think my fiberglass trunk is pretty damn hard to get too. JDM rear bumpers aren't easy to find either.

thomcasey

Soooo many money parts on that car. It is a goldmine.

G

Staff member
Are those corner lamps oem or aftermarket?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings