The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1991 Galant VR-4 (#1444/2000) $9500 Knoxville, TN

the_underdog

Hi All,

I've decided to sell my Galant. It's the nicest Mitsubishi I've owned and I'll miss it dearly, but I like to take on new projects and I'd like to see the car go to a good home. I bought this car from the original owners here in Knoxville in the summer of 2013. The car was bought new in Bristol, TN and never left East TN. It has 145,135 miles, is rust free and in great overall condition. I've documented my ownership experience over the years in video form, which has been lots of fun.

The car was recently professionally tuned and made 360hp on 93 octane on a Mustang Dyno, which figures out to around a low 400hp figure on a comparable Dynojet. Everything on the car works great (AC/PS/PW/4WS/ABS/Sunroof) and I have taken it on a few long road trips with no problems at all and it even returned good fuel economy. The only issue that I've encountered is that sometimes the rad fans turn on with the key. This is intermittent and I haven't had time to track this down, but the fans work normally under other conditions keeping the car cool at all times. The car does have some normal wear as you'd expect from the age and mileage and I've tried to capture that in the high-res photos.

Below are links to a bunch of high resolution photos of the interior, exterior and undercarriage, a current modification list and links to two video series. The first series focuses on the interior and exterior restoration, as well as a variety of maintenance items and repairs that were made. The second video series (Project Street Sleeper) documents the modification process. My goal has always been to keep the car looking as close to stock as possible, but with a nice performance boost.

In May of 2017, I found that the stock engine was showing its age, so I replaced it with a Buschur Racing short block from a previous car I owned and a refreshed BR cylinder head. While I was in there I also replaced the clutch, had Jacks Transmissions rebuild the transfer case and installed a new ShepTrans Stage 3 DSM Transmission. I replaced many parts over the years as needed, only using factory Mitsubishi items when available. Some of these include the alternator, the clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder, all cooling hoses, gaskets, bolts, thermostat, and more that I'm forgetting. It's all there in the videos if you have the time to sift through them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have most of the stock parts (including the stock radio) and will include those with the sale. The price on this post is on the stock wheels that have almost new Yokohama tires mounted on them. I can include the 16" BBS wheels/Dunlop Direzza setup for a little more if you'd like.

Detailed Photos - Hi Res

Modifications List

Galant VR-4 Interior & Exterior Restoration - Youtube Playlist: 8 videos

Project Street Sleeper - YouTube Playlist: 26 videos

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Photo of the stock wheels on the car from back in late 2013
IMG_1241.jpg

Thanks for reading,

-Tom

Last edited:

93accordEX

Wow, thats clean. Your mirage/website got me hooked on those probably almost 15 years ago. Do you still have it? Good luck with the sale.

ktmrider

Wow is correct. Gorgeous example.

Now when does gvr4ownzu come in and make excuses on not buying this LOL....

89Mirageman

Wow, never thought I'd see this day. Way too cheap IMO. GLWS! Please tell me your next project will be another Mitsu.

the_underdog

Thank you for the kind words fellas, I appreciate it!

bobdole

Sad to see you selling the car Tom. It will be missed in the Turbo Garage. On to new things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kjbtsi6686

Watching the build on this car got me to buy 577/2000. Your builds and incite are an invaluable asset to the community. I am so tempted to figure out how to go about getting this awesome car.

4G63_GSR

After watching Tom's video I wondered how long before this car is posted up for sale. LOL. I would buy this in favor of keeping my 2gb Talon. Kids and coupes don't mix too well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GSX_TC

Holy crap, I can't believe you're selling it Tom.

MellowVR4

This car is definitely worth the price if not more! GLWS hope it goes to a good home.

Snook1345

sad to see you go turbo tom, you and your videos will be missed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

tigerspeed35

NOOOOOOOO! Don't go TT. I really was influenced by you and really looked fwd to meeting you the galant sometime. She looks terrific btw. I finally got back into one(one day I'll update my profile) and look up to your work. Well I sure will miss your knowable yet funny bodies. Your awesome

4G63_GSR

I'm curious where it went.

GalantJae

one the of the best galant ive seen so far, and a youtube fan sir. why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings