The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1991 #243 97k miles untouched. $5000 zip 47905

tambleramble

I am selling #243. Nile black. Only ninety-seven thousand miles. It is a true one owner zero accident vehicle. I have the Carfax and AutoCheck. Clean Indiana title in my possession. I have known this vehicle since 2003. At the time I had number 1788 which was also black. Mine was also low miles and a gentleman from this club flew from Florida to buy it and drove it home. This one is much cleaner than the one that I had before. I used to work in the parts department of Mitsubishi here in Lafayette Indiana. At that time I befriended a name by the name Man by the name of John Sands. He purchased this vehicle in 1991 with 3900 miles brand new. He has every receipt since it was brand new. Timing belt was done at ninety-five Thousand Miles. Water pump and tensioner is of course were also done. A new turbo was installed at ninety-three Thousand Miles. New battery and starter as well. The list goes on. The stack of receipts is over an inch thick. The car is absolutely incredible condition. Much better than my previous number 1788. Turbo pulls hard and the transmission shifts smoothly. There is the smallest amount of rust at the bottom corner of the fender on the inside of the fender on the driver side. You cannot see it without opening the door. Otherwise it is very clean. A couple very very small imperfections on the paint. Leather is in good condition with the driver side seat showing slight wear on the left side seat bolster. New Bridgestone tires with less than 3000 miles on them. This car has been meticulously maintained. If I could afford it I would purchase it myself. I am now married and have kids and other obligations but I knew that was someone on this forum would love to have this car as it is unmolested. You can mod it the way you want it to be done. This is one of the cleanest platforms for building on I have ever seen. It is a garage kept every day it does not go outside. He has not driven it in the rain said it was only caught in the rain twice. This is a true diamond in the rough. My name is Brian my cell phone number is 317-908-3369 if anyone has any questions. I cannot help with shipping but I will help in the sale. John is over 70 and is not internet Savvy and he knows me personally and I know this car personally so he asked if I would help. I can put you in touch with the actual owner if you like I will not be on the title it is a true one owner and I have a picture of the original title and many more pictures of the car. It was just professionally detailed and they paid over $200 for that.

tombaman

I would say around lafayette indiana.

NateCrisman

Wow, this one looks REALLY NICE! The price looks right to me for an unmolested original car in excellent shape for being aged 25+

GLWS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

blacksheep

any rust? not being like G, but I bought what seemed like a diamond in the rough and all the inner fenders were rotted and under the sideskirts, doglegs etc as well. I landed up selling it for that reason. So, I try and use my experience as a learning lesson for others, esp. newbies!

ApexHunter

So nice. This deserves better storage than i can give it at the moment. Hopefully the area under the front dog legs is cool.

Thanks OP for notifying the board. If this is as good as it looks, it's a helluva deal. Sounds like it was Paul (4orced4door) who bought 1788 from you.

Last edited:

rheckert

How are the seat seems and the top of the back seat?

tambleramble

Please contact me on my cell phone and I can send anyone pictures via text or email of the underside, inside, under the hood or anywhere you like. 317-908-3369 thanks, Brian

TurboDSM

Sucks that there's rot starting. May still be savable though

GSNT

My heart sank when I saw that pic behind the dogleg. It's what I want, not far away, and I'm really in the market. I just can't do rust, it's a cars cancer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If the fender is not rusted too badly, this is fairly doable since it is covered by the dogleg. But if the rocker has holes, it gets a bigger job. I have posted this in the past, but I clean out those fender areas almost every year.

Not really usable advice though if the previous owners never did in 20 years.

highrpm666

Sorry to bump an old f/s thread. I just spotted this car in Denver. I'd like to get a hold of the new owner. If anyone has any info please pm me. I'd like to add him to our Colorado gvr4 facebook group. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings