†††GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Marketplace » Cars For Sale » SOLD 1772 is back on the market. $6k Arizona. Trades
Previous thread Next thread

SOLD 1772 is back on the market. $6k Arizona. Trades

weirdbeard
1772/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1211637 posted 07/07/15 04:55 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
SOLD

Well I picked this lovely up from Josh after a long search. Unfortunately I really did not drive her much and basically just fixed a few things here and there and watched her sit in my garage.
I recently purchased another house and ended up having to pay more than I thought I was going to have to so I could use the cash. I have the car cross posted, but anyone from the org gets first dibs if they are serious

I have only put maybe 500 miles on her in the last 5 months, I also recently changed all the fluids and both rear calipers.
For the full asking price I will include the carbon fiber hood, ECMlink v3, and thule rack. I am willing to work with the price if those things are removed but I will not part the car out so please do not ask.

Here is the run down from Josh's original thread...

click

ICE COLD FUNCTIONING R12 AC

Engine:
Timing belt just done 6,000 miles ago, timing and balance shaft belt, idler and tensioner pulleys, rebuilt stock cylinder head, pulled the head to change valve stem seals and upgrade cams, the surface was perfectly smooth and had never been machined a single time (see pictures) - at that time the car got:
-New NGK Plugs and wires
-New head gasket
-ARP Head studs
-Repainted valve cover
-AMG plug well cover
-Crower 264 cams
-2G exhaust manifold and heat shield
Also has:
new bosch o2 sensor
2G lifters
K&N drop in filter
Aluminum radiator
Eliminated FIAV
Drivetrain:
New front axles
New moog ball joints and tire rod ends
Alignment done 10/14 at firestone
KYB GR2 struts on stock springs
New Front OEM calipers, pads with outlander brackets and slotted rotors (minor increase in braking power)
New Rear Calipers pads and slotted rotors

INT / EXT
Thule Roof Rack and three bike carriers
2 inch hitch receiver and trailer wires
93 headlights
AMG corners wired for turn signal and runner lights
JDM Front bumper with projector fogs
JDM Eterna Grill
JDM Full time AWD badges (front and rear)
JDM Door stickers
Carbon fiber trunk
OZ Superleggera 17x8
6 month old Continental DWS
Rally Armor mud flaps
Conquest head rests
89 glove box and under dash
Evo DIN gauge cluster
Manual seat belt conversion

Car has a few minor things that donít work but donít need to be repaired to be driven:
Cruise control is fully intact, turns on and lights up, indicates itís function but does not manipulate the throttle, havenít diagnosed it yet.
Horn doesnít work, itís still there, just doesnít, havenít looked into it
Power door locks do not work, when you push one down the rest are supposed to go, but they all have to be done individually
Sunroof does not seem to have power. Might be a fuse or relay, havenít looked into it.
All of the above issues existed when i bought the car and I was told the electrical issues were due to shorting out the alternator wire momentarily when the alternator was being changed years ago. I've gone as far as to check the fuses and replace a few to get some of the other stuff functioning but have not looking into the rest of the fuses, or more importantly, the relays that control these circuits.
Clear coat is fading on the driver side fender and OEM hood, exterior is clean, interior is clean, body is rust free for a northern car (light surface rust on suspension parts and underbody bits) no fender rot, no rear inner fender rot, no door rot. Itís a solid chassis, which is why I picked it up.

And here is the few things I did during my ownership

click

I am looking to get $6k for it, that will include everything. I realize that not everyone has 6k cash lying around for a toy so I would be interested in trading for something, or trade +cash.

Ideally I would like to trade for a clean, lifted 3rd gen 4x4 4runner. But I would consider other vehicles
Might consider trades for something else but no bikes, boats, rvs, atvs etc. Only for running/driving vehicles that have working a/c and aren't hacked, and nothing with a salvaged title. Let me know what you have and maybe we can work something out.
The VR4 could drive anywhere so I'd expect the same from your trade.

Feel free to text me if you want to shoot me an offer 480 455 266five

Edited by weirdbeard (07/11/15 02:06 PM)

Posts: 37 | From: mesa,az | Member Since: 03/07/14 | IP: (72.201.223.18) | Report this post to a Moderator

weirdbeard
1772/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1211638 posted 07/07/15 04:57 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
There are many other pics on the other threads but I will be willing to take more if wanted.

Posts: 37 | From: mesa,az | Member Since: 03/07/14 | IP: (72.201.223.18) | Report this post to a Moderator

prove_it
my racist jokes aren't actually funny
715/1000
1284/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1211698 posted 07/08/15 01:12 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Props to you for not asking thousands more than you paid. Very reasonable price for such a great car. GLWS!

#1284/2K NB, Totaled
#715/1K KG, Rebuilding
02 Acura TL daily duty unit

12yr+ Vr4 owner.
Honda/Acura master tech.
Family Guy

Posts: 4201 | From: Sioux Falls, SD | Member Since: 07/04/08 | IP: (24.230.93.110) | Report this post to a Moderator

Cooter

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1211703 posted 07/08/15 02:31 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Sent PM

-Alan

Posts: 5 | From: El Paso | Member Since: 04/24/15 | IP: (129.108.17.162) | Report this post to a Moderator

weirdbeard
1772/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1211709 posted 07/08/15 03:31 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I spoke with Josh regarding the sale, and the price. He told me to post it up for more but I am not trying to make a dime off of it. In fact I am loosing some but it is pretty close.

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  4orced4door, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, jnava, iceman69510, pot 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3868

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.064 seconds in which 0.038 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page